Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    This all may belong in Tardy's bail bond thread.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Not a huge fan of the location but I would like to see the old bar again.

Lots of great memories:
    Friends who'd put $10 in the juke box at midnight to put "hit me baby one more time" on repeat until closing. (You're welcome '94)
    Big Ted fake bouncing at the door
    Donny...
    Spent the evening of 9/11 there as a friend turned 21 on the 12th
    Weds karaoke with $1 pitchers
    The whole bar singing "God Bless the USA" at last call (when Brittany was not on)

Good times....
    Last edited by Strange Brew; 04-25-2017 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Oh I have done MANY things that warranted being kicked out of many places. I wasn't violent or anything like that. But, I liked to drink A LOT, and did. I've passed out. I've gotten sick. I've spilled things, broken things (albeit all on accident), and basically made a complete drunken ass out of myself. Many times, actually. But, the one time I actually got kicked out of a bar, I wasn't doing a damn thing. And, it was The Woods of all places.

How ironic is that??

I didn't get the name Brew from drinking coffee. I drink very seldom now. Pretty much only when I'm on vacation. But, I was routinely drunk enough to be thrown out just about every time I went out, but never was except for one time when I wasn't drunk at all.
    I got kicked out of Dana's once but that was due to Xavier boxer's getting into a fight with guys from the rugby team(under the Dan Delaney regime). I kind of had a free pass at the Woods as my roommate was in a band with Charlie's son so I was good to go as long as I wasn't being a total dick. Presently, I don't don't any more and I don't drink any less.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Blooded-05 View Post
    I like this idea of retro fitting campus bars from a bygone era into the Cintas experience. What are the chances we bring back Soupies 50-cent drafts?
    or Dana's .15 cent drafts.
    2023 Sweet 16

Please, best memory for me at Dana's was definitely graduation morning after pounding 2 mimosas in the shower, and being with the entire graduating class pounding Herschel's the entire morning before we had to go to Cintas. After wards, my mother hugged me and was like "Holy hell, are you seriously this drunk at noon????"

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    or Dana's .15 cent drafts.
    I remember when a glass of beer was 20 cents at Dana's and a mug was 25 cents. We checked how much more the mug held and determined the answer to be that the mug held less! My most successful science accomplishment while at XU.

Wear blue at games!
    Birdman'71'76

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Please, best memory for me at Dana's was definitely graduation morning after pounding 2 mimosas in the shower, and being with the entire graduating class pounding Herschel's the entire morning before we had to go to Cintas. After wards, my mother hugged me and was like "Holy hell, are you seriously this drunk at noon????"
    Kegs-n-Eggs Graduation morning it the best!!! It's the only day of the year we open at 5:30 am.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    Kegs-n-Eggs Graduation morning it the best!!! It's the only day of the year we open at 5:30 am.
    Have you considered Bill Murray as the commencement [breakfast] speaker? Sadly, Rodney Dangerfield is unavailable.

Wear blue at games!
    Birdman'71'76

Quote Originally Posted by birdman71 View Post
    Have you considered Bill Murray as the commencement [breakfast] speaker? Sadly, Rodney Dangerfield is unavailable.
    We consider him for EVERYTHING!
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    Hey BJ, for the few of us getting off on 3rd shift what is the date for this year's graduation. Thanks.