Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

The Woods (Norwood Cafe) Makes a Return

Link

Located at the corner of Dana and Cleneay, it was demolished in 2008 to make room for construction of University Station, including the All for One Shop.

The centerpiece of the project will be the installation of the original bar that spanned the 35 feet of The Woods' main gathering space...

The Woods at Cintas Center will be located at the top of section 215 and will be open for all men's basketball home games and other selected events.

______

Very cool.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

The Woods is back........at Cintas

http://goxavier.com/news/2017/4/24/g...as-center.aspx

Xavier still has the bar from The Woods, and 200 fake IDs The bar (and maybe the IDs) will be above section 215. I was always a Dana's guy and only went to The Woods a couple times a year. I never opened The Woods.

I suspect some people here might have been a prior owner of some of those fake ID's.
    No, I be concubining.

Jinx.
    No, I be concubining.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Link

Located at the corner of Dana and Cleneay, it was demolished in 2008 to make room for construction of University Station, including the All for One Shop.

The centerpiece of the project will be the installation of the original bar that spanned the 35 feet of The Woods' main gathering space...

The Woods at Cintas Center will be located at the top of section 215 and will be open for all men's basketball home games and other selected events.

______

Very cool.
    We lived about 3 doors down on Cleneay. I do recall a few trips in their for darts and beverages (not in that order). Or at least, I recall them as well as possible since it's 30+ years later and they were fuzzy just the next morning. We were accepted, if not really welcome in the beginning. Or the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth View Post
    http://goxavier.com/news/2017/4/24/g...as-center.aspx

Xavier still has the bar from The Woods, and 200 fake IDs The bar (and maybe the IDs) will be above section 215. I was always a Dana's guy and only went to The Woods a couple times a year. I never opened The Woods.

I suspect some people here might have been a prior owner of some of those fake ID's.

I did NOT add to the fake ID total, but I was there. What was the greasy spoon diner around the corner? That was kind of out my back door, and I was young enough to survive what both places were serving.

Hahaha laughing so hard about the "Over the years had 200 fake ID's confiscated, wondering how to work that in the new space" comment. Obviously I'm too young to remember the place, but it seemed like a cool little spot, I'm all for more bars around campus (no offense to Dana's, that will forever and always be #1 no matter what.)

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    I did NOT add to the fake ID total, but I was there. What was the greasy spoon diner around the corner? That was kind of out my back door, and I was young enough to survive what both places were serving.
    H&H?
    No, I be concubining.

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth View Post
    H&H?
    That could be the place.....

Not Bob's or Eva's or whatever, but right on that corner.

My son bought a fake ID cheap as a freshman. Bought some carry out beer and got arrested. Possession of alcohol is small potatoes next to possession of the fake ID these days. Spend enough and do enough and you can make that felony charge go away. But UGH!

The article says it was at the corner of Cleaney and Dana.
    I'm pretty sure it was at the corner of Cleaney and Montgomery.
    But...it was a long time ago.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.