Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    I was a YUUUUge fan of The Woods!!! There were multiple times a year we would stay late at Dana's, open The Woods, then head to H&H Grill for breakfast. Those were the days. I'm excited to see how they set up the bar.
    Is there space for that bar in 215? I remember it being somewhat large.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by muskie View Post
    is there space for that bar in 215? I remember it being somewhat large.
    exactly!!!
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

The Woods is back........at Cintas

Well after they take out the back few rows of seats.
    - David Bowers ('95)

The headline has fooled many people into thinking a new version of The Woods is being built on campus...as in a brand new bar/restaurant. I read some posts on Facebook where folks were planning to hit The Woods when they are back in town (and the mythical building is finished).

They will be salty when they find out it is "just" the old bar, and it will be located at the top of the Cintas Center. Only way to have a beer at that bar will be to buy a ticket to an event, and hike up to the rafters.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    Only way to have a beer at that bar will be to buy a ticket to an event, and hike up to the rafters.
    Somehow I think Snipe must be involved in all of this. Just a hunch.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

I like the idea of a huge bar being at the top of the Cintas. Hoping they will have PBR on tap. A blue ribbon program deserves a blue ribbon beer. There's my marketing degree paying off.
    Veritas vos Liberabit

I like this idea of retro fitting campus bars from a bygone era into the Cintas experience. What are the chances we bring back Soupies 50-cent drafts?
    "It's like X wasn't given enough to do, so they had to promise it more. Okay, you don't start a lot of words, but we'll give you a co-starring role in tic-tac-toe. And you will be associated with hugs and kisses. And you will mark the spot. And you will make writing Christmas easier." -Mitch Hedberg

The only time I ever got thrown out of a bar was at the Woods. The reason was that they didn't believe my ID was real. When I told them I'd rather them call the cops than confiscate it, and I meant it as a joke. I think I even laughed as I said it. They got pissed and told me to get out. The doorman was hammered. That was the last time I ever went in there. What's funny is that it was about a year after I had graduated. I was just meeting some friends there. Obviously I wasn't a regular, so I really didn't care.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    The only time I ever got thrown out of a bar was at the Woods. The reason was that they didn't believe my ID was real. When I told them I'd rather them call the cops than confiscate it, and I meant it as a joke. I think I even laughed as I said it. They got pissed and told me to get out. The doorman was hammered. That was the last time I ever went in there. What's funny is that it was about a year after I had graduated. I was just meeting some friends there. Obviously I wasn't a regular, so I really didn't care.
    I NEARLY got kicked out of Dana's once.

I was asleep on a Sunday night when my roommate returned from an away soccer trip at St. Joe's. I was in Cincinnati with a torn UCL and was asleep when he got home. It was his 21st birthday and Dana's was staying open. We stayed there until at least 4:00 AM. At some point, a bartendress was (what I thought) slow with a drink and I was too aggressive in letting her know. I was told to leave, but apologized profusely and was allowed to stay.

That's definitely the only thing I remember about that night.

Quote Originally Posted by ammtd34 View Post
    I NEARLY got kicked out of Dana's once.

I was asleep on a Sunday night when my roommate returned from an away soccer trip at St. Joe's. I was in Cincinnati with a torn UCL and was asleep when he got home. It was his 21st birthday and Dana's was staying open. We stayed there until at least 4:00 AM. At some point, a bartendress was (what I thought) slow with a drink and I was too aggressive in letting her know. I was told to leave, but apologized profusely and was allowed to stay.

That's definitely the only thing I remember about that night.
    Oh I have done MANY things that warranted being kicked out of many places. I wasn't violent or anything like that. But, I liked to drink A LOT, and did. I've passed out. I've gotten sick. I've spilled things, broken things (albeit all on accident), and basically made a complete drunken ass out of myself. Many times, actually. But, the one time I actually got kicked out of a bar, I wasn't doing a damn thing. And, it was The Woods of all places.

How ironic is that??

I didn't get the name Brew from drinking coffee. I drink very seldom now. Pretty much only when I'm on vacation. But, I was routinely drunk enough to be thrown out just about every time I went out, but never was except for one time when I wasn't drunk at all.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White