Xavier Selects New Provost

Link

“Melissa’s impressive academic profile and 25 years of experience as an administrator and faculty member certainly made her a strong candidate for me and members of the Provost and CAO search committee," Michael Graham, Xavier’s president, said in a statement. “Those credentials, combined with her genuine passion for students and enthusiasm for advancing our Jesuit mission of forming men and women for and with others, make her the absolute right choice for Xavier.”
    Baumann succeeds Scott Chadwick, who stepped down June 30, 2016, to become a tenured professor. Brian Levin-Stankevich has served as XU’s interim provost and CAO for the past year.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Let me reflect on this.

I'll get back to you.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Xavier Selects New Provost

I think reflection time is over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Can she shoot the three? Is her dream job to be provost at Louisville?

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    I think reflection time is over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Go skipped his session, so I'm in jug doing an extra one for him.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

What the hell is a Provost anyway, and what are they really charged with to accomplish?

FWIW. I met Chadwick at a private function right after he was named. Was not impressed. I know of nothing that he did and Xavier is no better or worse since that position was established.

All I know is that I keep getting plenty of mail and phone calls- the latest from Golfer Matt Wetterich- thanking me for my contributions and asking for more.
    Whenever that Fat Cat appears that wants to contribute A) $50 million for a D1 football program, B) $75 million to establish an Engineering School that would be just fine.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Whenever that Fat Cat appears that wants to contribute A) $50 million for a D1 football program, B) $75 million to establish an Engineering School that would be just fine.
    OK with B. As to A, I'd rather a fat cat step up and donate $50 million on the condition that Xavier never play another down of football ever.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    OK with B. As to A, I'd rather a fat cat step up and donate $50 million on the condition that Xavier never play another down of football ever.
    I couldn't agree more. Public reps. The investment in an engineering school would be well worth the effort. We would actually see a return on this investment and improve the profile of the school. Investing in a football program would essentially provide a large shredding machine that we can abhorrently toss money into every year.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"