Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GetUp5 View Post

UC will not be the only top 25 team we play next season.
    I think he meant OOC. And they very well may be.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xufan2434 View Post
    I would love another home/home with Florida. Mike White is a really good young coach and they should be on the up and up in the coming years. Wouldn't mind having one with Notre Dame either, think that would be a good fit. Is the UVA/Nova series over? I would agree with that one as well.

Besides Baylor and Utah, when's the last H&H X has done out west? I wouldn't mind Oklahoma St or Iowa St out of the Big 12 either. We're not getting Kansas unless we agree to a 2&1 IMO. TCU actually wouldn't be bad either with Dixon running things now.
    Unfortunately, Notre Dame is one of several teams that loads up on cupcakes OOC - don't expect to see them paired up unless it's a made-for-TV matchup like the one they had against Villanova in Newark last season.

UCLA is not a fringe blue blood. They are a blue blood.

UC will not be the only top 25 team we play next season.
    by History UCA is a blue blood no doubt, but I still think they are a tier below UK, Kansas, UNC and DUKE in the last 10 years or so.

As for UC, I was referring to OOC and I am almost 100% confident they will be the best team we play in the non conference all season. Baylor, Utah and Colorado will not be as good and as a person who tends to follow all college basketball, not just X, I think UC will be even better then they were this year.

UC brings back Evans, Clark, & Washington and then adds Cumberland as a full time starter. UC fans always say their offense is better but next year, they absolutely will be a very good offensive team with the entire lineup able to shoot from anywhere on the court.

Then add in their transfer PG , Cane Broome. Who averaged 23 Ppg at Sacred heart 2 years ago and is the exact opposite of Troy Slopain. he is a quick fast paced guard who will push the pace.

that all said, they can't win at Cintas even if we spotted them 20 points. So I think we beat them no matter what, but UC will be a top 10-15 team next year.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanblockXU View Post
    by History UCA is a blue blood no doubt, but I still think they are a tier below UK, Kansas, UNC and DUKE in the last 10 years or so.

As for UC, I was referring to OOC and I am almost 100% confident they will be the best team we play in the non conference all season. Baylor, Utah and Colorado will not be as good and as a person who tends to follow all college basketball, not just X, I think UC will be even better then they were this year.

UC brings back Evans, Clark, & Washington and then adds Cumberland as a full time starter. UC fans always say their offense is better but next year, they absolutely will be a very good offensive team with the entire lineup able to shoot from anywhere on the court.

Then add in their transfer PG , Cane Broome. Who averaged 23 Ppg at Sacred heart 2 years ago and is the exact opposite of Troy Slopain. he is a quick fast paced guard who will push the pace.

that all said, they can't win at Cintas even if we spotted them 20 points. So I think we beat them no matter what, but UC will be a top 10-15 team next year.
    Not debating the quality of UC's team next year at all. They will be very good.

PG will be an issue for them. Broom is really an unknown, he could be good but he may not be good. Jennifer is not good at all. They do have a kid from Brooklyn coming in. That said, next year could be their best year. Clark and Washington are both legit, and Evans/Cumberland on the wings is fearsome. They will need one of the three PGs to be decent and they will have depth.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    I don't see that at all. (A negative stigma losing to us...especially at home). Still, it doesn't make sense for an Indiana/Uk/U of L to play at Cintas. We certainly could get some higher level teams, though. I am still hoping to see MSU in the Big10/Big East thing in the Cintas Center at some point.

Mid-High level Teams I think we could realistically get (and I'd like to see) to play at Cintas:
    Wisconsin
    Gonzaga
    West Virginia
    Virginia
    Kansas
    Florida.
    ND

I am probably wrong on Kansas- but I think all those other schools would be open to home and home series. We won't see a team like Duke/UNC/Kentucky play at Cintas.
    I don't care if we never ever see Wisconsin again, never, ever.period....

UC just picked up a H/H with Mississippi State starting at NKU this season. Not a bad game for them.

Do you think it's easier to get a game with a Miss. St. if the road team doesn't actually have to play the home team at their actual home?
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    PG will be an issue for them. Broom is really an unknown, he could be good but he may not be good. Jennifer is not good at all. They do have a kid from Brooklyn coming in. That said, next year could be their best year. Clark and Washington are both legit, and Evans/Cumberland on the wings is fearsome. They will need one of the three PGs to be decent and they will have depth.
    Broome seems legit. He should give UC a point guard who wants to get to the rim. But really they don't need much production from the point, they have double digit scoring options from the other 4 spots.

Also they bring in 4 star Keith Williams who has been climbing the recruiting ranks.

That said, tomorrow night naji and Scruggs will play in the AI round ball classic and UC's Keith Williams is playing on the same team as naji. Makes me want to watch it tomorrow

I'm not a fan of buy games, but NKU, College of Charleston, and Vermont would be gold standard buy games to schedule. If we must play them, then that's who we should play.

NKU has virtually everyone back and could even flirt with the bubble this year kinda like Valpo has done for the past two years.

College of Charleston may do more than just flirt with the bubble if they're able to put together a tough schedule. Chances are this will be Earl Grant's last year there. He walked into a shit hole (and that might be an understatement) and has completely turned it around.

Vermont is always solid. They blew through the America East and actually stayed with Purdue in the Round of 64. I think they've got four starters back as well.
    Last edited by xubrew; 04-20-2017 at 11:00 PM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White