Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Louisville plays exactly zero of those types of games other than UK (and the ACC/Big Ten challenge). They played at Grand Canyon last year, but that was a 2 for 1 deal.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post

Xavier (thanks to Mario) is also the best school in the country at putting together schedules that don't look as sexy on paper, but always end up very strong. He always has great insights on his annual podcast with Rick that make it clear he has a lengthy list of factors to consider in each game scheduled. X is in good hands.
    Yes, I think he does a great job. Very Good OOC so far. Some other schools (espec. one to the Nprth) would kill for it. Cya in Vegas!
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    I don't see that at all. (A negative stigma losing to us...especially at home). Still, it doesn't make sense for an Indiana/Uk/U of L to play at Cintas. We certainly could get some higher level teams, though. I am still hoping to see MSU in the Big10/Big East thing in the Cintas Center at some point.

Mid-High level Teams I think we could realistically get (and I'd like to see) to play at Cintas:
    Wisconsin
    Gonzaga
    West Virginia
    Virginia
    Kansas
    Florida.
    ND

I am probably wrong on Kansas- but I think all those other schools would be open to home and home series. We won't see a team like Duke/UNC/Kentucky play at Cintas.
    I don't know, for some reason being outside of Cincinnati (it could just be the people I'm surrounded with, so take it with a grain of salt) it seems like many people don't either A. Know much about Xavier or B. Oh you went to Xavier, they're like decently good at basketball right? I still don't think we have brand recognition in the "casual watchers" circle, in the people that follow basketball yes, I think we 100% have a good reputation, I'm just not 100% convinced we're a household name yet, which I think is improving year by year.

On that list, I'd love to see us play home and home's with any of those teams, West Virginia would be pretty fun, but do you think Huggins would want to step foot in Cintas right now? My mind says no. They schedule a lot softer than us as well. It'd be fun though to see what we could do against the press in a game setting though, that's for sure.

I would love another home/home with Florida. Mike White is a really good young coach and they should be on the up and up in the coming years. Wouldn't mind having one with Notre Dame either, think that would be a good fit. Is the UVA/Nova series over? I would agree with that one as well.

Besides Baylor and Utah, when's the last H&H X has done out west? I wouldn't mind Oklahoma St or Iowa St out of the Big 12 either. We're not getting Kansas unless we agree to a 2&1 IMO. TCU actually wouldn't be bad either with Dixon running things now.

I think we're still thought of as a perennial Cinderella by a lot of people, which is somewhat bolstered by the fact that none of the Chris Mack Sweet Sixteen teams were seeded to get that far (6, 7, 6, and 11 seeds). The one team we've had that could have changed that narrative crapped out in the second round.

And that is certainly not a complaint. Just an explanation of why the "casual" fan thinks of Xavier that way.

Quote Originally Posted by xufan2434 View Post
    I would love another home/home with Florida. Mike White is a really good young coach and they should be on the up and up in the coming years. Wouldn't mind having one with Notre Dame either, think that would be a good fit. Is the UVA/Nova series over? I would agree with that one as well.

Besides Baylor and Utah, when's the last H&H X has done out west? I wouldn't mind Oklahoma St or Iowa St out of the Big 12 either. We're not getting Kansas unless we agree to a 2&1 IMO. TCU actually wouldn't be bad either with Dixon running things now.
    Gonzaga, and before that Arizona State. I agree with Iowa State, although OK State may drop off after losing Underwood. Illinois and Northwestern are two more teams on the up and up I'd be happy to play against.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    I don't know, for some reason being outside of Cincinnati (it could just be the people I'm surrounded with, so take it with a grain of salt) it seems like many people don't either A. Know much about Xavier or B. Oh you went to Xavier, they're like decently good at basketball right? I still don't think we have brand recognition in the "casual watchers" circle, in the people that follow basketball yes, I think we 100% have a good reputation, I'm just not 100% convinced we're a household name yet, which I think is improving year by year.
    This is my left coast experience as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I think we're still thought of as a perennial Cinderella by a lot of people, which is somewhat bolstered by the fact that none of the Chris Mack Sweet Sixteen teams were seeded to get that far (6, 7, 6, and 11 seeds). The one team we've had that could have changed that narrative crapped out in the second round. And that is certainly not a complaint. Just an explanation of why the "casual" fan thinks of Xavier that way.
    Agreed.

We were actually a 10 and not a 7, now that I think about it. Forgot that ND was wearing white and not us.

There is a 0.0% chance we get a home and home with Kansas. These are the kind of games they love to play at the Sprint Center. If we actually had a decent neutral arena in Cincinnati, we could probably get a neutral/neutral game.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanblockXU View Post
    UCLA is fringe blue blood but they do bring in the #2 ranked recruiting class next season and add guys like Kris Wilkes. Also if that 7 foot white returns and holiday; they could be very good.

I think perception is also greater then reality. Ucla is s team who also just did a home and home with Kentucky.

UC maybe the only top 25 team we play next year so I'd like to add just 1 more
    UCLA is not a fringe blue blood. They are a blue blood.

UC will not be the only top 25 team we play next season.