Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    LOL. Gavitt is an 8 year deal, and we were guaranteed 6 games. So no more dodging allowed after this year. Pansies

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by atljar View Post
    LOL. Gavitt is an 8 year deal, and we were guaranteed 6 games. So no more dodging allowed after this year. Pansies
    Can't believe we missed out on the Big Ten again. Correct we should get five straight games after this year.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanblockXU View Post
    I just saw that UC landed a home and home with UCLA, which is a huge Blue blood on the schedule.
    Gotta get that quality loss out of the way early.

I'm okay with our schedule, have a good mix of games to help get the Freshman up to speed some, and help the team get into a rhythm, better than scheduling a bunch of Top 25 teams, and us losing a few and losing some confidence in ourselves throughout the season. The beginning is always to build the guys up, and get things sorted out. Would I love for a Blue Blood to come to Cintas?? Hell yes, but I don't really see who'd do it, UK & U of L doubtfully would, and with the Gavitt games going on, I don't see why Indiana would either, so it would be someone taking a small trek to come play us at home.. I wouldn't mind a home and home with someone, just don't know who'd value that yet. We're at this weird point where we're very good, but not nationally as respected, so it still comes off as a negative stigma losing to us, which I consider BS.

Junior
    I don't see that at all. (A negative stigma losing to us...especially at home). Still, it doesn't make sense for an Indiana/Uk/U of L to play at Cintas. We certainly could get some higher level teams, though. I am still hoping to see MSU in the Big10/Big East thing in the Cintas Center at some point.

Mid-High level Teams I think we could realistically get (and I'd like to see) to play at Cintas:
    Wisconsin
    Gonzaga
    West Virginia
    Virginia
    Kansas
    Florida.
    ND

I am probably wrong on Kansas- but I think all those other schools would be open to home and home series. We won't see a team like Duke/UNC/Kentucky play at Cintas.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    I don't see that at all. (A negative stigma losing to us...especially at home). Still, it doesn't make sense for an Indiana/Uk/U of L to play at Cintas. We certainly could get some higher level teams, though. I am still hoping to see MSU in the Big10/Big East thing in the Cintas Center at some point.

Mid-High level Teams I think we could realistically get (and I'd like to see) to play at Cintas:
    Wisconsin
    Gonzaga
    West Virginia
    Virginia
    Kansas
    Florida.
    ND

I am probably wrong on Kansas- but I think all those other schools would be open to home and home series. We won't see a team like Duke/UNC/Kentucky play at Cintas.
    Solid list. Gonzaga, Virginia, and Florida have all come to Cintas before.

I think most good high majors are just playing very very few true road games against other good high majors these days. Made for TV neutral events are the name of the game.

Xavier (thanks to Mario) is also the best school in the country at putting together schedules that don't look as sexy on paper, but always end up very strong. He always has great insights on his annual podcast with Rick that make it clear he has a lengthy list of factors to consider in each game scheduled. X is in good hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Olsingledigit View Post
    Can't believe we missed out on the Big Ten again. Correct we should get five straight games after this year.
    With three of them at home
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    With three of them at home
    They'll probably give us Rutgers, Penn State and Nebraska. Oh boy!

We ought to get some of the best programs as we are clearly one of the top 3 programs in the league.....

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post

Wisconsin
    Gonzaga
    West Virginia
    Virginia
    Kansas
    Florida.
    ND

This is a really good list, I'd love to play any of the teams you mentioned in home and homes. I will mention that UNC actually agreed to a home and home in 2010/2011 but we decided to take one with Florida instead as we thought we had a better chance of winning at Florida (which we did.) With that said, I dont think itd be impossible to get teams like UNC/Louisville/Michigan St to play at the Cintas, but those opportunities are obviously few and far between.