Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Baylor/X will be on 11-28.
    Not sure why Rothstein tweeted this as something new. We've known this date for over a year. http://goxavier.com/news/2016/5/26/m...px?path=mbball

It was new to me. Mainly because I didn't pay attention one year ago.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

And the rumor of Wisconsin replacing Utah appears to be true:

@RickBroering Xavier has canceled its return game with Utah this year. X is open to completing the series later or playing the Utes again in the future.

Utah cancellation is official.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Crosstown Shootout is December 2nd. (a Saturday)

@JonRothstein
    Xavier will host Cincinnati on December 2nd at the Cintas Center in the annual Crosstown Shootout, per a source.

Quote Originally Posted by THRILLHOUSE View Post
    Crosstown Shootout is December 2nd. (a Saturday)

@JonRothstein
    Xavier will host Cincinnati on December 2nd at the Cintas Center in the annual Crosstown Shootout, per a source.
    It is indeed a Saturday, but also Championship Saturday for football, which will take away viewership.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie34 View Post
    It is indeed a Saturday, but also Championship Saturday for football, which will take away viewership.
    Who cares...this game is for our city and we don't have a college football team.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    this game is for our city and we don't have a college football team.
    Mt. St. Joe's is very angry with you.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Who cares...this game is for our city and we don't have a college football team.
    Honestly though I think we probably get more national viewership when UC hosts on espn during rivalry week.

A lot of fans with good football and basketball, don't even worry about basketball until January.

I'd almost being will to bet that last years shootout will have better national ratings than this years. ESPN will be loaded with football games and very few people will be stumbling across th crosstown shootout on Saturday night on fox.

It will do fine locally regardless but I want as much national exposure as I can get and not being ESPN and being scheduled in the middle of championship week for football just seems like your limiting your options. I know we can't control the espn thing, but we do control the day the game is and I think it's a bad choice.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanblockXU View Post
    Honestly though I think we probably get more national viewership when UC hosts on espn during rivalry week.

A lot of fans with good football and basketball, don't even worry about basketball until January.

I'd almost being will to bet that last years shootout will have better national ratings than this years. ESPN will be loaded with football games and very few people will be stumbling across th crosstown shootout on Saturday night on fox.

It will do fine locally regardless but I want as much national exposure as I can get and not being ESPN and being scheduled in the middle of championship week for football just seems like your limiting your options. I know we can't control the espn thing, but we do control the day the game is and I think it's a bad choice.
    If we're being honest, no regular season Xavier game gets much national viewership. The same can be said for most college basketball. I'm happy with X laying out their schedule for the team's success over trying to maximize national viewership, which is really kind of an unattainable goal.