Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie34 View Post
    It is indeed a Saturday, but also Championship Saturday for football, which will take away viewership.
    Not necessarily.

Fox has the Big Twelve and Big Ten Championship games that day. If we are on the flagship network and our game leads into that double header, our ratings will be huge. I'm pretty sure Shootout had over a million viewers in 15-16 when it was on the Fox flagship network. This could draw even more.

But, to your point, if they bury it on FS1 and play it during one of the two football games they're broadcasting, then we're screwed. But....I'm guessing?? (okay, maybe it's just hoping) that they won't do that. But when you think about it, why not have the shootout on the flagship network before the football games??
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Oh, and by the way, NKU is still available! We could schedule them!

As a long term fixture series, I'd rather play Dayton because I think the more venom you can create, the better. But, for this particular upcoming season, I'd rather play NKU because I think they're going to be a lot better than Dayton. Seriously, let's play NKU! It's a good team that's five minutes away. Why not?? Out of the 250 teams you can schedule for buy games, maybe four or five are particularly exceptional. They are one of the five teams this year. If for no other reason than that let's schedule them.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Oh, and by the way, NKU is still available! We could schedule them!

As a long term fixture series, I'd rather play Dayton because I think the more venom you can create, the better. But, for this particular upcoming season, I'd rather play NKU because I think they're going to be a lot better than Dayton. Seriously, let's play NKU! It's a good team that's five minutes away. Why not?? Out of the 250 teams you can schedule for buy games, maybe four or five are particularly exceptional. They are one of the five teams this year. If for no other reason than that let's schedule them.
    Also, make it a road game. Then, we will all get all of our home games AND we can easily make it to NKU to watch our Musketeers play an additional game.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Looks like the rest of the schedule has been released: http://www.goxavier.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball
    MOREHEAD STATE #203 in KP, Appear to have lost 4 starting seniors.
    RIDER #208 in KP, Lose 3 Sr Starters
    @WISCONSIN #21 in KP, lose 4 of 5 starters. Bring in 2 4-Star players but really only can count on Ethan Happ
    HAMPTON #310, by far the worst team play, we should destroy them
    Continental Tire Invitational 2 games against 1 of these 3: Kstate, arizona st & GW
    Baylor #13 in KP, They lose Motley to the draft which decreases the talent level by a lot, but they should still be decent
    Cincinnati #23 in KP, return 3 starters plus Jarron Cumberland who had starter like minutes. Bring in a meh 4 man class. Best team we play in non con
    Kent State #141 in KP, probably my 2nd favorite buy game, return 3 starters. However do lose their best player.
    Colorado #73 in KP, Lose 4 starters on a pretty meh team,
    East Tenneesee state #67 in KP, they lose 3 starters. Hard to gauge if they will repeat last years tourney appearance
    Marshall #149 in KP, I actually love this game and should be fun to watch. They are a face paced run and gun offense. They might shoot 40 3's and they took UC to OT last year and broke a record on 3's made against UC all time last year. XU should win BUT it should be entertaining.
    Northern Iowa #169 in KP, what a disappointment they were. Sucks we had to return the favor and go to their gym. They return 3 starters so they could improve. But this game is a landmine type game. You wont get credit if you beat them but will look bad if you drop one to them.

what do you guys think of the schedule?

Making me watch a game between Xavier and Marshall is cruel and unusual punishment. My wife (and fellow Marshall grad) asked what I would do, so I said "cry." I have degrees from both schools and love them both equally, so I suppose I will just sit back and take that one in.

That's an okay OOC schedule. Would really blow if that was our OOC schedule in the A-10. Still matters, but obviously a lot less now.

don't see Morehead -
    Last edited by bobbiemcgee; 06-20-2017 at 05:40 PM.
    2023 Sweet 16

Never doubt Mario.

Does kinda suck that X's exempt event dictated two of the buy games though, that's where X is so good at making up ground on what otherwise look like pedestrian OOC's.

Nothing on there has me holding my nose minus maybe Hampton, and even they may turn out to be okay in the MEAC. Having said that, nothing really has me all that excited either.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    don't see Morehead -
    Yeah, I mean if we were going to play a game against a team from Kentucky, why not play......

Oh, just forget it!