Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

2017-18 OOC schedule

I just saw that UC landed a home and home with UCLA, which is a huge Blue blood on the schedule. And it had me thinking about what our Non conference will look like next year and if we even have room to schedule any high majors next year.

I think we may need to game the RPI a little again if not with our buy games.

So far we have (please correct me if Im wrong):
    1. Colorado (loses 3 starters) trending down
    2. @utah (loses 1 starter but Kuzma could enter the draft and they would lose their star) Staying the same or trending down if they lose Kuzma
    3. Baylor ( Loses 2 starters and may also lose Motley to the draft) Trending down even if they retain Motley IMO
    4. @Northern Iowa (Loses 2 starters on a bad team already) Staying the same
    5. Cincinnati ( loses 2 starters, but replaces with potentially better players and deeper bench) Trending up
    6. Arizona State/Kansas State (TBD)
    7. George Washington (TBD)

I would imagine we fill the Rest with High end buy games. And the way the schedule sits now, it will probably be top 40 but unless we have a surprise team like Baylor take off (or God forbid, UC takes off), it doesn't really pack much punch just mostly gaming the RPI.

Do you think we add any high level games?
    Last edited by RyanblockXU; 04-19-2017 at 05:07 PM.

Northern Iowa is on the road, right?

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Northern Iowa is on the road, right?
    Yea I fixed

Speaking of which... it sucks to give a home and home to a bad team but we couldn't predict their success wasn't gonna last long

Will UC play UCLA at BB&T?
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    Will UC play UCLA at BB&T?
    No next year is at ucla and then ucla will come to the new fifth third

Quote Originally Posted by RyanblockXU View Post
    No next year is at ucla and then ucla will come to the new fifth third
    Supposedly Xavier will be adding another big game. But to be honest, they no longer have to play a gauntlet to pad the RPI. The big east is tough enough. UC on the other hand needs to toughen up the schedule. I am fine with how Xavier goes about the non conference. As for UCLA, the may be blue blood but they don't have a blue blood following. On top of that they have not gotten past the sweet 16 since 2008 and did not make tourney in 2016. With what they lose, they will be trending down.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Supposedly Xavier will be adding another big game. But to be honest, they no longer have to play a gauntlet to pad the RPI. The big east is tough enough. UC on the other hand needs to toughen up the schedule. I am fine with how Xavier goes about the non conference. As for UCLA, the may be blue blood but they don't have a blue blood following. On top of that they have not gotten past the sweet 16 since 2008 and did not make tourney in 2016. With what they lose, they will be trending down.
    UCLA is fringe blue blood but they do bring in the #2 ranked recruiting class next season and add guys like Kris Wilkes. Also if that 7 foot white returns and holiday; they could be very good.

I think perception is also greater then reality. Ucla is s team who also just did a home and home with Kentucky.

UC maybe the only top 25 team we play next year so I'd like to add just 1 more

Supporting Member
    What's the word on the Big East Big 10 Challenge. On the road for year 1 and DNP last year. Should we be getting a home game in this event?

2017-18 OOC schedule

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastXman View Post
    What's the word on the Big East Big 10 Challenge. On the road for year 1 and DNP last year. Should we be getting a home game in this event?
    I heard we do not get a Gavitt game again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    I heard we do not get a Gavitt game this coming season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Fixed it for you...
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"