Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    I hate buy games, and I know I complain endlessly about them, but if our four buy games are Western Kentucky, Vermont, NKU, and CofC, I promise to not complain. Not one word.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    That was Ray Harper's WKU team - Rick Stansbury had a decent career at Mississippi State before coming to WKU.
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Yes, but that was before they had a top ten recruiting class.
    Understood on both fronts, but has the culture/financial situation of the program changed that drastically in such a short period of time? I imagine they still need to be on the recipient end of one or two buy games at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Understood on both fronts, but has the culture/financial situation of the program changed that drastically in such a short period of time? I imagine they still need to be on the recipient end of one or two buy games at this point.
    I agree. I just hope they realize that because one way or another they need to get good teams to play them. Since they are in a conference with 13 other teams that will not be good, it's important to seek out those types of OOC games.

I would love it if Xavier played them. I know we won't do a H&H with them, but I wouldn't complain if we did.

EDIT: Middle Tennessee will not be good next year. I think their ceiling is the bubble of the NIT.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

2017-18 OOC schedule

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    I rather drink cyanide than deal with Buzz Williams ever again. He rubs me the wrong way.
    I laughed when he did a two-step to "Country Roads" after beating WVU.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post
    I laughed when he did a two-step to "Country Roads" after beating WVU.

I almost threw a sneaker through the damn television. HATE HIM SO MUCH. I was happy WVU rolled them by 25 this year.

2017-18 OOC schedule

I almost threw a sneaker through the damn television. HATE HIM SO MUCH. I was happy WVU rolled them by 25 this year.
    Lol no sympathies, having lived around WVU fans for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post
    Lol no sympathies, having lived around WVU fans for a year.

No argument here, I'm on the milder side of the spectrum and I can't even put up with some of our fan-base. Completely delusional. Regardless, I hate Buzz Williams and that's the take home point here.

Here is the Enquirer's take (link).

Additional details weren't provided regarding which teams Xavier will likely host at Cintas Center for early-round games, and which it will play later in Las Vegas.
    While still murky, the announcement of the Las Vegas Invitational field makes the Musketeers' 2017-18 schedule slightly clearer.
    The schedule will include a home date with Baylor University, a game that will conclude a home-and-home series between the schools.
    Xavier visited Baylor in December, losing what was then a meeting of top-10 ranked teams Dec. 3 at the Ferrell Center.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

I rather drink cyanide than deal with Buzz Williams ever again. He rubs me the wrong way.
    Agree. 100%.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Here is the Enquirer's take (link).

Additional details weren't provided regarding which teams Xavier will likely host at Cintas Center for early-round games, and which it will play later in Las Vegas.
    While still murky, the announcement of the Las Vegas Invitational field makes the Musketeers' 2017-18 schedule slightly clearer.
    The schedule will include a home date with Baylor University, a game that will conclude a home-and-home series between the schools.
    Xavier visited Baylor in December, losing what was then a meeting of top-10 ranked teams Dec. 3 at the Ferrell Center.
    I was under the impression we had games scheduled with Northern Iowa and Utah in addition to Baylor?