Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Junior
    UC will be top 25. They won't ever be a threat to go far in the tournament with Mick at the helm, though. Works perfectly for X- continue to beat them most of the time and as they coast through conference play the win looks better.

Quote Originally Posted by MuskieXU View Post
    Gonzaga, and before that Arizona State. I agree with Iowa State, although OK State may drop off after losing Underwood. Illinois and Northwestern are two more teams on the up and up I'd be happy to play against.
    Yeah forgot about Underwood leaving. Illinois should be back to at least decent in 2 years with the class they have coming in and him coaching. I'd be all in for Northwestern once their arena is re-modeled (I live in Chicago). For some reason I cannot for the life of me remember that XU @ Zaga game back in 2010. Remember 2011 quite well. And now I'm realizing they've been kicking our ass the last couple meetings

I'm not the biggest Buzz Williams fan but Virginia Tech would be a sneaky good H&H for the coming years as well

Quote Originally Posted by xufan2434 View Post
    And now I'm realizing they've been kicking our ass the last couple meetings
    Yes, in light of that, the constant complaining around here that we should get as much media love as Gonzaga because our programs are on equal footing has always baffled me. I certainly hope we step it up and reach their level soon.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Yes, in light of that, the constant complaining around here that we should get as much media love as Gonzaga because our programs are on equal footing has always baffled me. I certainly hope we step it up and reach their level soon.
    I have always thought that as well, but you actually said it.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    I'm not a fan of buy games, but NKU, College of Charleston, and Vermont would be gold standard buy games to schedule. If we must play them, then that's who we should play.

NKU has virtually everyone back and could even flirt with the bubble this year kinda like Valpo has done for the past two years.

College of Charleston may do more than just flirt with the bubble if they're able to put together a tough schedule. Chances are this will be Earl Grant's last year there. He walked into a shit hole (and that might be an understatement) and has completely turned it around.

Vermont is always solid. They blew through the America East and actually stayed with Purdue in the Round of 64. I think they've got four starters back as well.
    With the class Western Kentucky has coming in, they'd be another good team to get on the schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by xufan2434 View Post
    Yeah forgot about Underwood leaving. Illinois should be back to at least decent in 2 years with the class they have coming in and him coaching. I'd be all in for Northwestern once their arena is re-modeled (I live in Chicago). For some reason I cannot for the life of me remember that XU @ Zaga game back in 2010. Remember 2011 quite well. And now I'm realizing they've been kicking our ass the last couple meetings

I'm not the biggest Buzz Williams fan but Virginia Tech would be a sneaky good H&H for the coming years as well
    I rather drink cyanide than deal with Buzz Williams ever again. He rubs me the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    With the class Western Kentucky has coming in, they'd be another good team to get on the schedule.
    That would be a pretty fantastic buy game if we could get it. They might not do that without a return from Xavier, though. I'd say a Nashville game, but I'm not sure Western/Xavier could justify a game in Nashville.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    That would be a pretty fantastic buy game if we could get it. They might not do that without a return from Xavier, though. I'd say a Nashville game, but I'm not sure Western/Xavier could justify a game in Nashville.
    They were bought to come to Cintas in 15-16.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    That was Ray Harper's WKU team - Rick Stansbury had a decent career at Mississippi State before coming to WKU.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Yes, but that was before they had a top ten recruiting class.