Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    All-Conference
    Raise your hand if you would love to see Xavier play there while UC gets shipped out west? That would be the ultimate.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    It's also possible that renovations are in order for USBank Arena by 2022 - that also could have been a condition for hosting.
    If so, they're taking a big gamble...who's gonna pay for it?

My guess it has more to do with the re-development of the city than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Raise your hand if you would love to see Xavier play there while UC also plays in Cincinnati, at 5/3rd, in the NIT. That would be the ultimate.
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Raise your hand if you would love to see Xavier play there while UC has to play at NKU in the NIT? That would be the ultimate.
    Fixed again.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

A friend of mine emailed me saying that UC was too dumb to realize that they weren't allowed to play at US Bank. I just thought he was joking.

Holy shit that's hilarious!! They ACTUALLY thought they were allowed to play at US Bank.

Well, now they're stuck doing all of the event management for free, and not getting to travel with their own team if they make the tournament. WELL DONE UC!!!
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    A friend of mine emailed me saying that UC was too dumb to realize that they weren't allowed to play at US Bank. I just thought he was joking.

Holy shit that's hilarious!! They ACTUALLY thought they were allowed to play at US Bank.

Well, now they're stuck doing all of the event management for free, and not getting to travel with their own team if they make the tournament. WELL DONE UC!!!
    No way they are allowed to play there if they are host right? How could they mess that up?

I thought the 3 game limit thing only came into play when a school was NOT the host, like Nova in Philly.

Looks like everyone has hit the points, but I figured I would cite directly from the horse's a$$... I mean, mouth. From the NCAA's website (click here), scroll on down to section III. Building the Bracket:

A team will not be permitted to play in any facility in which it has played more than three games during its season, not including exhibitions and conference postseason tournaments.
    This appears to be what UC is relying on. However, it is merely one of the rules. Continuing on...

A host institution’s team shall not be permitted to play at the site where the institution is hosting.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

As already noted, the rules permit teams to play at a venue of which that team's conference is serving as host. I suppose the rules could change for '17-'18 season, but I doubt it. This is awesome.

Imagine, if you will, a day where Xavier, Dayton, NKU, and Miami (I know) all play in Cincinnati, but UC has to play a road game at Ohio St. in the NIT.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

I would really love UC to elaborate on this reply it posted to the tweet when someone commented about the host institution rules:

Cincinnati Bearcats‏Verified account @GoBEARCATS 37m37 minutes ago

yes, but there are options that would allow a school to be eligible to play there if the school decided to pursue it.
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by X-ceptional View Post
    I would really love UC to elaborate on this reply it posted to the tweet when someone commented about the host institution rules:

What?
    Options like not being the host school maybe? Haha I'm at a loss.