Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Sophomore

Cincinnati to host first and second round games in 2022

http://www.ncaa.com/news/ncaa/articl...pionship-sites

UC is considered the host school which means, I believe, that they cannot play there. But Xavier certainly can. That would be very fun.

Quote Originally Posted by muethibp View Post

UC is considered the host school which means, I believe, that they cannot play there. But Xavier certainly can. That would be very fun.
    Just need to be a top 4 seed....and better than one of Louisville or Kentucky. You know, no big deal.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Not necessarily - Xavier also got to play in Cleveland in 2011 when they were just a 6 seed. Teams would only be protected from playing against Xavier if the Muskies were to get in the 2022 Tournament as a 13 or worse seed.

Quote Originally Posted by muethibp View Post

According to the UC athletics twitter account, they can play there as well:

"@GoBEARCATS Since U.S. Bank Arena doesn't serve as UC's home court, the #Bearcats would be eligible to play there"

Quote Originally Posted by THRILLHOUSE View Post

"@GoBEARCATS Since U.S. Bank Arena doesn't serve as UC's home court, the #Bearcats would be eligible to play there"
    I believe they are wrong. I believe if you are the host school or if you use that arena for a certain amount of games you can not play at that facility.

That is why you see a lot more conferences sponsoring a site vs a school doing it.
    Last edited by xu95; 04-18-2017 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xu95 View Post
    I believe they are wrong. I believe if you are the host school or if you use that arena for a certain amount of games you can not play at that facility.
    Someone else tweeted that to the UC account as well, and here's their response:

"@GoBEARCATS As long as we don't have three regular season games at U.S. Bank that year, there are options that would allow us play there."

So I assume the NCAA has changed the rules allowing the host school to be able to play at a site, as long as they haven't played 3 or more games at that site during the season.

Someone else tweeted that to the UC account as well, and here's their response:

"@GoBEARCATS As long as we don't have three regular season games at U.S. Bank that year, there are options that would allow us play there."

So I assume the NCAA has changed the rules allowing the host school to be able to play at a site, as long as they haven't played 3 or more games at that site during the season.
    And the NCAA Tournament wiki entry appears to confirm that - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_D...rnament#Venues

Supporting Member

We are going to subject out of town visitors to that sh*thole? So much for Midwestern hospitality.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

And the NCAA Tournament wiki entry appears to confirm that - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_D...rnament#Venues
    The problem here is that Cincinnati is the HOST institution for 2022, so their Twitter account is wrong. If the American Conference (or even Miami or NKU) were hosting, they would be allowed to play at USBank assuming they don't go over 3 home games. Villanova would have been allowed to play at Wells Fargo last year since La Salle was the host institution.

If you notice the Spokane subregional, Idaho is hosting (not Gonzaga) for that very reason.

Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    We are going to subject out of town visitors to that sh*thole? So much for Midwestern hospitality.
    It's also possible that renovations are in order for USBank Arena by 2022 - that also could have been a condition for hosting.