Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    One Wisconsin guy said Orlando was nice, but Austin and San Diego were VERY nice. His absolute favorite was Nashville, where we have a condo for our son and grandson (with extra room for us!). Nashville happens to have the first two rounds next year! Atlanta has the south regional, so I'm praying for a miraculous run!
    Have you been drinking today? You made almost the same post 2.5 hours ago. RESPECT on the Tuesday drinking! :)

I just love Nashville, and trying to make a point. And it would be more amazing than my last 2 Orlando runs, I mean, how ridiculous would that be? THAT would be a dream come true!

(I have some tennis late tomorrow morning, but that's about it, so it's all good.)

Still, about 20,000 people in Orlando. I'm not trying to overstate it, just know it's a big deal. The Wisconsin guys always picked warm weather sites (I would have picked where UW was playing!). Buffalo does not do as well, I'm sure.

Sophomore
    anecdotal evidence vs. opinion

seems to be a theme on this board haha

In 2004 when there were no local teams, there weren't 10,000 people in the arena total. Locals, travelers, daytrippers or homeless people sleeping in the concourse.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    In 2004 when there were no local teams, there weren't 10,000 people in the arena total. Locals, travelers, daytrippers or homeless people sleeping in the concourse.
    That was the O-rena, a dump, and a different time. Church Street Station was not what it is now. This is a much better experience. I'm not discounting the UF/FSU factor, but I personally know many of them, and the ones I know came and spent serious money. Now, were there more of them? Probably. I guess that's why it's regional.

..and we had good seats down low in the corner, but if FELT full. I couldn't swear to attendance.

That was the O-rena, a dump, and a different time. Church Street Station was not what it is now. This is a much better experience.
    All things that would tend to make locals more likely to turn out. But doubtful to affect people traveling in from out of town for the NCAA Tournament.

In any event, I've got to go focus on my Jazz's continued ducking against the Clips tonight. :)

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    All things that would tend to make locals more likely to turn out. But doubtful to affect people traveling in from out of town for the NCAA Tournament.

In any event, I've got to go focus on my Jazz's continued ducking against the Clips tonight. :)
    Good luck with you NBA stuff. I had lost most interest before a visit in Charlotte. We promised the kids an NBA game if they were good, and LeBron was in town. About 3 minutes in, my scrappy AAU PG son said "they're not even trying!!". I was off the hook then, and have not attended an NBA game since. (As a kid we had season tix and I loved it, but that was a different time.)

That was the O-rena, a dump, and a different time. Church Street Station was not what it is now. This is a much better experience. I'm not discounting the UF/FSU factor, but I personally know many of them, and the ones I know came and spent serious money. Now, were there more of them? Probably. I guess that's why it's regional.

..and we had good seats down low in the corner, but if FELT full. I couldn't swear to attendance.
    Actually it was not a dump then, only 15 yrs. old. I went to numerous events there incl. the 04 regional and never had a problem. Church St. was good in the 80- 90's, lots of entertainment every night and big crowds. Rosie's, Cheyenne Saloon and the Dixieland bands. Now just a overpriced beer and pizza stop. Pleasure Island pretty much put them out of business.

And don't get me started on the Orlando Magic franchise. They have made EVERY mistake in the book. Good thing DeVos is a billionaire.
    Last edited by bobbiemcgee; 04-19-2017 at 01:28 AM.
    2023 Sweet 16