Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    I think potentially playing in your hometown is a huge benefit!
    Apparently that's what UC thought.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

All-Conference
    So basically, thanks to UC for allowing us the opportunity for an NCAA home game. This is gold.

I believe Columbus is hosting opening rounds in 2019. No reason to not see both!
    "It's like X wasn't given enough to do, so they had to promise it more. Okay, you don't start a lot of words, but we'll give you a co-starring role in tic-tac-toe. And you will be associated with hugs and kisses. And you will mark the spot. And you will make writing Christmas easier." -Mitch Hedberg

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Correct - that's at Nationwide Arena with Ohio State hosting. They've hosted about once every 5-6 years since that arena opened up. Cleveland also got 1st-2nd round games for a year, but Dayton didn't get anything beyond opening round games. That may or may not go well with their fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Correct - that's at Nationwide Arena with Ohio State hosting. They've hosted about once every 5-6 years since that arena opened up. Cleveland also got 1st-2nd round games for a year, but Dayton didn't get anything beyond opening round games. That may or may not go well with their fanbase.
    I've always thought of the First Four as a punishment and sending them to Dayton every year has reassured me that the NCAA thinks it's a punishment too.

There's always Greenville, SC !
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    I forget the year, but Buffalo is also going to be an early round host. Is it too early to predict that Villanova will be a high seed and lose in the 2nd round that year?

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    There's always Greenville, SC !
    Great place!

Who knows where our program is at 2022, I mean hell with the way we've been recruiting we could realistically be a top 4 seed above Kentucky and Louisville.. how sweet would it be if Xavier got an NCAA Tournament game in Cincinnati??? I could only imagine the shenanigans present at that game...

Quote Originally Posted by X-ceptional View Post
    This thread got me thinking... does anyone know what benefit a school gets from hosting? Share of the gate or something?
    Maybe a kick back from the city? The City Of Cincinnati is the one to benefit...hotels, food and entertainment, stores, gas stations, etc. plus exposure.
    Balls of Steele!!