Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by MuskieXU View Post
    Haha I was talking about in 2 years, although I'm sure Mack will run this lineup a little bit next year as well to get them acclimated with each other.
    Especially in blow outs too, I could easily see this happening in early season games.

So does Mack still have 1 scholarship left?

Seniors

1 - Bluiett
    2 - JP
    3 - Kanter
    4 - O'Mara

Juniors

5 - Gates

Soph

6 - Goodin
    7 - Jones

Freshman

8 - Scruggs
    9 - Marshall
    10 - Harden
    11 - Rider
    12 - Jones

2017 - 2018 Starters for the Opener

Yes. But absent a traditional transfer (low odds) it will be pocketed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 - 2018 Starters for the Opener

Also, don't expect to see K Jones.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by LA Muskie View Post
    Also, don't expect to see K Jones.

I'm hearing that as well...perhaps an academic redshirt.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    I'm hearing that as well...perhaps an academic redshirt.
    Probably a non-qualifier, no?

To be honest not sure how he would fit in with the current system -- or more accurately, whether his skill level is where it needs to be on the Matt Stainbrook sliding scale of playing a guy that doesn't fit the system because he's too good not to play. Then again, apparently Chris Mack fell in love with his game and immediately offered and he has better judgment than I do that's for sure.

I don't think we'll see Goodin and Scruggs score on the levels of some other Xavier backcourts but we dont need them to. They do legitimately have the opportunity to be the best defensive backcourt we've ever seen. Goodin, Scruggs, Gates, Marshall, and Jones is probably the best defensive lineup Xavier has ever seen from top to bottom. Will be a very exciting next few years.
    I cannot wait to see those guys get after it defensively in the Big East. A ton of length and muscle to deal with. Gonna need it with Brunson, Carrington, Cartwright, Baldwin, Markus Howard. All those guards are smaller and X will be able to run a ton of big bodies at em next year. Matchup with Ponds/LoVett is gonna be real fun

Quote Originally Posted by smileyy View Post
    Well, Tu, BJ, CJ, Derrick Brown and Jason Love were the 9th best defense in the country in 2009
    Xavier has had some very good defensive teams over the years. 2016 once we added the 1-3-1, 2009 with Dante and 2008 with Stan, 2004 with Sato, and 2002 and 2003 with DWest all stand out to me. Those teams all had stand out defensive players but I think this team has a chance to be better than any of those from top to bottom. The strength, length, and athleticism will give teams fits.

Xavier has had some very good defensive teams over the years. 2016 once we added the 1-3-1, 2009 with Dante and 2008 with Stan, 2004 with Sato, and 2002 and 2003 with DWest all stand out to me. Those teams all had stand out defensive players but I think this team has a chance to be better than any of those from top to bottom. The strength, length, and athleticism will give teams fits.
    The 16/17 team was better defensively when Sumner was healthy. Once he went down they went almost exclusively zone.