Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SemajParlor View Post
    Man, not only is this team loaded... it seems to be one of the more "likeable" teams we've had too.

Wouldn't be surprised if Mack does the classic freshmen Scruggs Marshall 1,2 lineup in times needing energy. This is going to be fun.
    Honestly, except for Macura, I'm not really sure who opposing fans could dislike personality wise, I'm sure they hate the talent some guys have like Tre, but I agree, I think we're pretty damn likable for a casual fan that may happen to tune in to a game. While watching the tournament though, I had plenty of friends message me saying "Man you guys have some fun players to watch" so I could see it.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    While watching the tournament though, I had plenty of friends message me saying "Man you guys have some fun players to watch" so I could see it.
    Don't go BYU on us. No one is more fun to watch than BYU.
    Balls of Steele!!

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    Don't go BYU on us. No one is more fun to watch than BYU.
    Oh no, I don't mean like fun in the entire tournament, they'd just tune into our games because obviously hearing the name from me attending X, and always tweeting about it, they'd enjoy watching us play. You're right though, BYU is an absolute blast to watch play for the casual fan.

Sophomore
    The coaches were ecstatic about O'Mara's finish. I say he gets the epstartband keeps it unless he fades fast.

Goodin and Scruggs on paper are reminiscent of that 2009-2010 Holloway and Lyons. The competition for PG is going to be incredible. Quentin's growth this year will be huge for this team. He has all the tools to be exceptional.
    Run the table.

Goodin and Scruggs on paper are reminiscent of that 2009-2010 Holloway and Lyons. The competition for PG is going to be incredible. Quentin's growth this year will be huge for this team. He has all the tools to be exceptional.
    Could not be more excited to see Q's freshman to sophomore jump. That backcourt should be tremendous defensively as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Could not be more excited to see Q's freshman to sophomore jump. That backcourt should be tremendous defensively as well.
    I don't think we'll see Goodin and Scruggs score on the levels of some other Xavier backcourts but we dont need them to. They do legitimately have the opportunity to be the best defensive backcourt we've ever seen. Goodin, Scruggs, Gates, Marshall, and Jones is probably the best defensive lineup Xavier has ever seen from top to bottom. Will be a very exciting next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by MuskieXU View Post
    I don't think we'll see Goodin and Scruggs score on the levels of some other Xavier backcourts but we dont need them to. They do legitimately have the opportunity to be the best defensive backcourt we've ever seen. Goodin, Scruggs, Gates, Marshall, and Jones is probably the best defensive lineup Xavier has ever seen from top to bottom. Will be a very exciting next few years.
    Will be nice to have role players like Trevon Blueitt and JP Macura to help chip in with scoring with this bunch too... I'm giddy.
    Run the table.

Will be nice to have role players like Trevon Blueitt and JP Macura to help chip in with scoring with this bunch too... I'm giddy.
    Haha I was talking about in 2 years, although I'm sure Mack will run this lineup a little bit next year as well to get them acclimated with each other.

Junior
    Well, Tu, BJ, CJ, Derrick Brown and Jason Love were the 9th best defense in the country in 2009