Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    And the Enquirer wonders why their subscriber rolls continue to shrink. Just pitiful and almost unworthy of it's normal place as a birdcage liner.
    Veritas vos Liberabit

A portion of a rebuttal letter was printed in today's Enquirer. I guess it went well over the number of words allowed so they edited it into a shorter version. Following is the entire letter sent the Editor:

Despite the horrible picture painted by Mr. Henry Biggs of the state of Xavier University Men's Basketball Program, somehow the Muskies muddled through to the Elite Eight while beating three consecutive higher-seeded teams. Perhaps, the next time Mr. Briggs writes a letter to the editor, he should first get all his facts correct. To wit: which two players withdrew without a degree? There was one recruit from Canada who spent one semester at Xavier but returned to Canada due to homesickness. Myles Davis also withdrew but he had already spent four years at Xavier prior to this season, paying his own way during his freshman year! Another player was charged with a minor misdemeanor while home with his family in Indiana. I believe only one transfer has decommitted after learning that another is likely to come to Xavier and earn more playing time. One must also wonder at the mind-reading ability of Mr. Briggs relative to what Xavier players are thinking! Finally, it's an honor that other programs covet Xavier coaches. The Muskies have a great record in their selection of coaches since the 70's: Staak, Gillen, Prosser, Matta, Miller, and Mack. We love Coach Mack and he loves Xavier. If he should leave, as all coaches eventually do, Xavier will simply re-load!

I am starting to see a lot of inane ramblings from alleged Xavier fans. The letter linked above reads very much like some of the rubes I've seen on Facebook. Some of the posts on the fan pages will make your head explode.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    I am starting to see a lot of inane ramblings from alleged Xavier fans. The letter linked above reads very much like some of the rubes I've seen on Facebook. Some of the posts on the fan pages will make your head explode.
    It's a side effect of being good. You get more people, and proportionately more idiots.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    It's a side effect of being good. You get more people, and proportionately more idiots.
    See UK.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Hello, Henry Briggs. Please don't take all this board criticism too harshly. I too remember my first beer.

Fortunately, I chose not to follow it up with a letter to the editor.
    "Xavier is Franciscan monkspeak for gonads."

- Gregg Doyel on Twitter

Lady,
    Welcome back to the board!
    I'll buy if we ever meet.

ps your message box is full!
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Lady,
    Welcome back to the board!
    I'll buy if we ever meet.

ps your message box is full!
    Thanks!

I got an email about the inbox. I deleted some oldies. I really forgot we even had inboxes on here.
    Xavier Basketball: We're Not Scared of Anyone!
    Zip Em Up!