Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    In my case, it's less about what you think will happen than what you fear will happen.
    Are you still flying United?
    2023 Sweet 16

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterBailey84 View Post
    if he gets 1st round feedback he'll bolt, if not, he'll be back.
    So, you're saying he'll be back.

Quote Originally Posted by smileyy View Post
    So, you're saying he'll be back.
    Just my opinion of course... but yeah, I think so

Finally got around to watching some of Kanter's highlights. Looks skilled with back to the basket. It was nice seeing him do well against Wisconsin. I'm excited to see where and how he'll fit in the rotation.
    Run the table.

Quote Originally Posted by XU3232 View Post
    We are going to be an ELITE defensive team next year so the fact that we don't have a lot of great shooters is not going to matter AS much. Our defense alone will keep us in every game.
    While I like your optimism, what makes you think that?

I would not call Macura or O'Mara elite defenders, the same with Bluiett if he comes back. Gates has the potential to be a very good defender, but hasn't shown it yet on a consistent basis. We've got some athletic freshman coming in, but they're still freshman.

I think elite is a stretch, but Scruggs and Marshall are elite at the HS level. They could certainly grow, FYI we were a good defensive team with Sumner.

Three "plus" defenders on the court (if Scruggs and Marshall's defensive prowess translate readily to the college game) is pretty darn good. We probably would be "elite" defensively if they do, especially if Gates progresses and Tyrique learns how to avoid bad fouls. Those s a pretty big "if"s, but we should be pretty good defensively no matter what.

I think Tryrique improved a lot on the bad PF's late in the season compared to early on. Check the stats since the UC game.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    While I like your optimism, what makes you think that?

I would not call Macura or O'Mara elite defenders, the same with Bluiett if he comes back. Gates has the potential to be a very good defender, but hasn't shown it yet on a consistent basis. We've got some athletic freshman coming in, but they're still freshman.
    I'm pretty sure that Scruggs will be our best defender next year (I don't care that he is a freshman). He has the body, length, and toughness. When you add Q, Naji, and Kaiser along with the rest of the team I really believe they will be elite. Even though Macura and Tre aren't great on defense, they have definitely improved.
    Last edited by XU3232; 04-24-2017 at 12:49 PM.

IMO Kaiser is a very good defender against SF's and the like. He has great horizontal movement and even if he gets beat he has the length to create issues near the basket. HOWEVER, IMO he isn't the best against big men. He's 6'8 230lb and doesn't seen to like to bang down low. IF he could ever turn the corner on that end, he would become a major force.
    Balls of Steele!!