Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Kerem Kanter Commits

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...54324661727232

another eligible big for next year

Nice addition!

If Kanter was averaging 11.3 points and 6.3 boards in only 19.1 minutes, why was he only getting 19.1 minutes? Fouls? Conditioning?

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    If Kanter was averaging 11.3 points and 6.3 boards in only 19.1 minutes, why was he only getting 19.1 minutes? Fouls? Conditioning?
    if he's anything like his brother - defense is atrocious. It's what keeps Enes from being a 30+ minute starter.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I've spent the last week or so trying to wrap my head around this and I have nothing.

I cannot for the life of me figure it out.

I do think this signals that they know something about Tre or KJ for next year. By my count if both those guys are here next year plus Kanter that makes 13 and I think we have more pressing needs than another big guy.

So, it's a maybe?

2023 Sweet 16

I don't really follow the NBA at all, but a couple of quick looks and it seems like it is pretty much certain he will not be drafted this year, yes? I like this addition. I think we'll be ok with the ball handlers we have next year, and I love having a variety of talented bigs that you can rotate constantly.

Not to mention, I wouldn't gameplan for him to just pop 3s all the time, but he was 14-40 (35%) last year. At least enough that I wouldn't feel physically ill watching him put up an outside shot if the defense gives it to him. Adds a little something extra with that, compared to the 0 three point attempts combined between Gaston, O'Mara, and Jones last year (not that there should have been any... zero was the right number here).

Quote Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
    I've spent the last week or so trying to wrap my head around this and I have nothing.

I cannot for the life of me figure it out.

I do think this signals that they know something about Tre or KJ for next year. By my count if both those guys are here next year plus Kanter that makes 13 and I think we have more pressing needs than another big guy.
    What are the other pressing issues that you think they need to take care of?

PG:
    Q
    Scruggs
    JP (if needed)
    Marshall and Harden could bring the ball up the floor if they are desperate
    G/Wing:
    JP
    Tre (if he stays)
    Gates
    Harden
    Marshall
    Ridder
    C/Forward
    T Jones
    O'Mara
    K Jones
    Kanter
    Ernst

That looks like a very solid Roster. Yes there are 5 freshman but these 3 of them can have a impact right away. I would like to see Mack run a lineup of Scruggs, Harden, Marshall, Ridder and Jones in one of the really early OOC games. If these guys are as good as everyone is saying Mack could go Calipari style and just do line changes instead of substitutions.