Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xufan2434 View Post
    He had a very nice And 1 drive against Arizona. But 16 of his 21 FG attempts were 3's throughout the tournament. He didn't do it as often as you think. I remember specifically the Nova game at home and the losing streak that followed, him struggling to put the ball on the deck. And that was mainly because Tre was out and this team was trying to create any kind of offense they could. So guys were trying things they normally don't do.

Believe me, I would love to see him do it more often and I think he will next year. But I only remember Creighton and a blowout at Marquette in which he actually drove and was successful. Lol, and you basically proved my point of him looking uncomfortable most of the season since you were so shocked he could do it and said "wait a damn second, is that Kaiser???"
    Crazy how one play can stick out in your mind, I still think we shouldn't close the door on this option, he's got plenty of length, and I'm sure he'll develop in the off-season some more, with strength and what not. The prime case in development should be James Farr, went from outside to banging on the inside, hell even look at Q starting to finish around the rim better towards the end of the season, I fully trust our staff's ability to develop our talent. I like him shooting 3's as well, and I really hope he begins to show he's the best shooter on the team like Mack claims he is, but it would be nice to have guys on offense with multiple weapons in their arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Crazy how one play can stick out in your mind, I still think we shouldn't close the door on this option, he's got plenty of length, and I'm sure he'll develop in the off-season some more, with strength and what not. The prime case in development should be James Farr, went from outside to banging on the inside, hell even look at Q starting to finish around the rim better towards the end of the season, I fully trust our staff's ability to develop our talent. I like him shooting 3's as well, and I really hope he begins to show he's the best shooter on the team like Mack claims he is, but it would be nice to have guys on offense with multiple weapons in their arsenal.
    Completely agree. And honestly sophomore year to junior year is where I think 4 year guys really start to make a turn. You're comfortable with the system, and fully adapted to the college game. Now time to add what you can bring skill wise. Farr made unbelievable strides. To Gates specifically and the type of game he has, reminds me personally of BJ with better potential down low cause of his size. If he could get comfortable driving off a pump and developing a mid range even, then really watch out. I agree it's all there and the staff has proven what improvements they can help with

Junior
    I suspect that Gates never 100% recovered from his knee surgery -- most likely mentally. It has to be kind of scary to hurt your knee, then jump back into action as soon as it is healed. I know he did rehab and all and I'm still wondering how much he was tentative b/c of his knee.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHTING MUSKETEER View Post
    You might not like what I posted but that gives you no right to call me, or anyone in this board, dumb. You want to disagree with me, then disagree and stay at that pal. I'm fine with you disagreeing or posting to "defend" KG. Just don't cross the line. My post was not disrespectful to Kaiser and certainly did not questioned his work ethics. On the contrary, I did say he is a good player. Also, I did say that "I guess playing with passion/cojones is not in him.
    And I'm not saying it in a disrespectful way. Its just that he is who he is". That has nothing to do with his work ethics, practice time or character. It referred to his playing style. Let me just say this, I'm sure that if I look at your posts I will find several posts criticizing how certain players play. So, are you the only one allowed?, do you dislike yourself for posting those posts like you dislike mine? or do you get yourself to believe that when you criticize a player you are not " questioning him" to feel that what you are doing is ok but somehow when others do it is not ok? What is it? Which one is it? I personally think that, perhaps, you read too much between the lines and infused something in my post that was simply not meant by me. BTW, if you are a christian, try not to make reference to "hell". Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by smileyy View Post
    I suspect that Gates never 100% recovered from his knee surgery -- most likely mentally. It has to be kind of scary to hurt your knee, then jump back into action as soon as it is healed. I know he did rehab and all and I'm still wondering how much he was tentative b/c of his knee.
    I'll never forget after my son's torn ACL and MCL when after months of therapy the guy took him into a back alley and told him to run suicides. My son was too polite to say it out loud, but his face was enough to clearly communicate "are you F%#@ing kidding me???" The knee may be physically and structurally sound, but it took a long time before he trusted it, then eventually just forgot about it.

Kerem Kanter Commits

For those not following, Kerem's brother, Enes is stranded in Romania on a humanitarian tour for his new charitable foundation focused on shelter, food, education and resources for underprivileged youth around the world. Turkish dictator Erdogan revoked his passport, reportedly because Kanter is an outspoken critic.

According to the articles I've seen, Enes has been disowned by his parents and is estranged from his siblings. I wasn't aware of that. Sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like he's on his way to London now.
    2023 Sweet 16

No surprise here, but withdrew his name from the draft per Twitter. We OFFICIALLY can welcome him to Xavier.

Quote Originally Posted by mistabeecee41 View Post
    No surprise here, but withdrew his name from the draft per Twitter. We OFFICIALLY can welcome him to Xavier.
    Beautiful. We add another body, basically replaced Ernst with Kanter.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Muskie View Post

According to the articles I've seen, Enes has been disowned by his parents and is estranged from his siblings. I wasn't aware of that. Sad.

Can you be disowned by your parents when the "kid" is a full grown adult man?
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"