Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    If you go to Cintas, with the construction going on, you can't go out to the actual seats. Probably easier to do it over the phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is not accurate especially if you are choosing from the remaining seats. I went in person on Monday and the place was still set up for graduation. All the seats from last season (except the students' section) remain in place. Some of the "bones" of the new areas are there, but wide spread changes will begin in June. The Cintas hosts HS graduations through the first part of June, and they couldn't tell these schools to find new places....or they risk losing their business.

Personally, since I was changing seats, I was glad to see it live. My new seats have different sight lines, and I'm a lot more confident we made a good choice. Nothing wrong with either method, but you can see the viewpoints of your prospective seats.
    Last edited by nuts4xu; 05-17-2017 at 12:59 PM.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Agree with NUTS. I also drove down to Cintas on Monday. A staff member with an IPAD showed us available seats which we tried in multiple sections: 103, 105, 107, 109, 211 and 213. It was most helpful to see the different sight lines of each section. They also, showed us the location of the new "Woods" Bar at the top of 215. Going on Monday to see the actual seat locations helped make selecting the seats online on Tuesday much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by coasterville95 View Post
    So are people opting to do this online or go to Cintas. I have the time blocked off the work calendar to go to Cintas.

Any benefit to one over the other?
    I did it online today. It was super easy. Really wanted to snag some seats in the The Lookout balcony...(handful of seats are still available)...but too rich for me right now.

Seat Selection Emails

Somebody was asking about upper deck obstructions - there is the television box in front of 212 and 206, not sure if that's an issue to those around it.
    - David Bowers ('95)

Seat Selection Emails

I looked at the lookout. Too huge a jump from premium 2 donation. Maybe somebody that had premium i or club could more easily justify it.

The current duffs buffet is $14 a game and included one drink. So i bumped that up to $21 a game and came to about $360 net worth of the food add on, then added a bit more since you would presumeably have access to the food till at least halftime. So say $400-$450 per seat benefit. With a $1,500 per seat uptick, the math doesn't work for me.
    - David Bowers ('95)

Seat Selection Emails

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    This is not accurate especially if you are choosing from the remaining seats. I went in person on Monday and the place was still set up for graduation. All the seats from last season (except the students' section) remain in place. Some of the "bones" of the new areas are there, but wide spread changes will begin in June. The Cintas hosts HS graduations through the first part of June, and they couldn't tell these schools to find new places....or they risk losing their business.

Personally, since I was changing seats, I was glad to see it live. My new seats have different sight lines, and I'm a lot more confident we made a good choice. Nothing wrong with either method, but you can see the viewpoints of your prospective seats.
    I stand corrected. I thought I read something in the information from X that it wouldn't be possible to go out to any of the seats. Glad it worked out for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Freshman
    Interesting thing about upper level.

I went to tour multiple seat locations before the selection process officially began and was torn between lower and upper bowl. Had been in 102 and the salesperson was saying that he thought first row upper bowl was the way to go if he were selecting seats. He stated that since Cintas opened, only 4 total row a seats in the 200 level ever became available.

Quote Originally Posted by coasterville95 View Post
    Somebody was asking about upper deck obstructions - there is the television box in front of 212 and 206, not sure if that's an issue to those around it.
    In inquired about the possibility of obstructions from cameras and their operators if choosing seats immediately behind them in Section 212. They said there could be some blockage of action on the floor in the rows immediately behind Rows 1 and 2 (where the cameras are located). It was for this reason that I chose seats in Rows 5 and 6 immediately lined up with the center line on the floor. I think they will work out well for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Keep in mind anywhere you see 3 seats, you have to either buy one, or all three.
    My time is Friday in the late afternoon (4:26). I haven't decided whether to buy 1 seat at the orange / green level or 2 at the yellow / upper deck. I see some very nice combinations of 3 available down low ... like Sec 104 row 2. I also have enjoyed being close to visitors bench ... you see so much Xavier coverage, it's nice to get to know our Big East competitors up close in Sec 113. I'm inclined to pick up one singles of these 3-somes if possible ... this frees a pair that is down low.

I don't know if these 3-somes will be available when I pick. Ideally, someone I know (or from this board) would pick up the other two. As I come in from Chicago ... I know I won't make all the mid-week games (unless it's vs Villanova again). It would be nice to trade a bunch of my games for a few opportunities to have 2 seats to take my father to an occasional game. Send me a PM if some coordination might interest you. I'll post Friday where I selected. I've seen a few seats look gone, only to re-appear. It might be possible to move your seats slightly even if you've already picked?? I plan to do it all online unless someone says it really helps to speak with a live person.

Got my old seats.