Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Semaj doing his part

I'm rooting for Semaj. But realistically he needs to turn it around quickly. As a first year player he played at the league minimum this year. Any dollar over that (starting next year) would be difficult to justify since his numbers could be replicated by just about any other league minimum player. That's not to say that he won't be given a chance to produce and prove himself, but he'll have to do it quickly. The NBA -- like all major pro sports leagues -- is up or out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LA Muskie View Post
    I'm rooting for Semaj. But realistically he needs to turn it around quickly. As a first year player he played at the league minimum this year. Any dollar over that (starting next year) would be difficult to justify since his numbers could be replicated by just about any other league minimum player. That's not to say that he won't be given a chance to produce and prove himself, but he'll have to do it quickly. The NBA -- like all major pro sports leagues -- is up or out.

Yeah. I give Semaj a lot of credit for working his butt off and even making it to the league. If he isn't there long it's certainly not for lack of effort. He'll be ok though. Even if he isn't quite good enough for the NBA, I think he would have a good career in Europe like Doellman, Sato and D-Brown have.

Semaj was waived yesterday... hope he finds a new home soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Semaj was waived yesterday... hope he finds a new home soon.
    Unfortunate, I'm hoping somebody takes a flier on him, if only he had the shooting ability of Tu Holloway, he would be a freak of nature.

Junior
    Ed on a two way contract with Pacers, will be sent to Ft Wayne Dec 1.

Nice ink by Sumner following David West’s lead.

https://twitter.com/EdmondSumner/sta...174784/photo/1
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Ed on a two way contract with Pacers, will be sent to Ft Wayne Dec 1.
    A two-way contract is a professional sports contract which stipulates that an athlete's salary is dependent upon the league in which the athlete is assigned to play. This is opposed to a one-way contract that would pay the same salary regardless of where the athlete is assigned to play.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    Nice ink by Sumner following David West’s lead.

https://twitter.com/EdmondSumner/sta...174784/photo/1
    Cool tat. Unfortunately, that led me to read West's Twitter account. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadlife View Post
    A two-way contract is a professional sports contract which stipulates that an athlete's salary is dependent upon the league in which the athlete is assigned to play. This is opposed to a one-way contract that would pay the same salary regardless of where the athlete is assigned to play.
    Sumner's injury is really unfortunate. It cost him a ton of money.

2-way contracts are much more favorable to the team than the player. While in the D-League, Sumner will make just 70k a year and while he does get a bump if he is called up, he can only play a maximum of 45 days for the Pacers.

Would have been better served to sign A 1 year 2-way deal and thus be a restricted free agent in year 2 and actually have a shot at making the roster, plus sign a league minimum contract at worst.

Injury screwed him out of roughly 2 million dollars or more.

Junior
    Picking Sumner was like buying a potted 1 ft tree, with the idea that someday it would provide shade in a yard. He's lucky he was drafted at all.