Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
  1. #1
    Walk-On
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    25

    Semaj doing his part

    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19120414

    Semaj doing his part with the three. I'm still bitter about the loss to UCLA/Westbrook and Love but this has been an impressive season to say the least. And this one assist makes it a little less bitter.

  2. #2
    Junior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    3,149
    A lot of Westbrook in that video and article.

    Westbrook gets triple-doubles all the time. Semaj hitting a three...now that's an event.
    zip em up

  3. #3
    Sophomore blueblob06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    1,123
    Semaj averages 2.0 asts and 0.7 turnovers a game, almost 3-to-1 ratio! I like it, hope he gets more playing time next year.

    And I saw he makes over $500K/yr on his bio page, good for Semaj! I'd say it worked out well!

  4. #4
    Supporting Member bobbiemcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    8,155
    Westbrook also ended the Nuggets Playoff hopes with his buzzer beating 36 ft. 3. Ugh.
    This space for rent.

  5. #5
    Junior X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Nodak
    Posts
    4,856
    Quote Originally Posted by blueblob06 View Post
    Semaj averages 2.0 asts and 0.7 turnovers a game, almost 3-to-1 ratio! I like it, hope he gets more playing time next year.

    And I saw he makes over $500K/yr on his bio page, good for Semaj! I'd say it worked out well!
    He's also shooting 35% from the field, 18% from three, and 55% from the FT line, while averaging 2.8 points. He's going to have work on those numbers a lot if he wants to stick around.

  6. #6
    Junior
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    3,874
    Semaj got a call out from Zach Lowe (see #10)....though not necessarily in a good way:

    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...ajon-rondo-nba

    I can't understand ever playing Semaj off the ball. An 6'3", 18% three-point shooter at the 2, playing next to another slasher in Westbrook? Lunacy.

  7. #7
    Sophomore blueblob06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    1,123
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    He's also shooting 35% from the field, 18% from three, and 55% from the FT line, while averaging 2.8 points. He's going to have work on those numbers a lot if he wants to stick around.
    Agreed, lots to improve but the 3 to 1 assist-to-turnover rate in rookie season is pretty cool to see, even if it is in limited minutes.

    Quote Originally Posted by smileyy View Post
    Semaj got a call out from Zach Lowe (see #10)....though not necessarily in a good way:

    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...ajon-rondo-nba

    I can't understand ever playing Semaj off the ball. An 6'3", 18% three-point shooter at the 2, playing next to another slasher in Westbrook? Lunacy.
    Wow that writer is a real dick about it. How can you already say that a guy will be horrible when Westbrook eventually leaves when that guy is in his first year in the NBA?

  8. #8
    All-Conference LA Muskie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,210
    This may be Semaj's first year in the NBA, but he's 24 yrs old and in his 3rd year out of school. It's not like he's a frosh setting foot on the court. And while the article was harsh, that was its intended tone. The point, frankly, is accurate. Semaj still has tons of potential, but you're only going to get so many chances with shooting numbers like that.

  9. #9
    Supporting Member GIMMFD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,794
    Quote Originally Posted by LA Muskie View Post
    This may be Semaj's first year in the NBA, but he's 24 yrs old and in his 3rd year out of school. It's not like he's a frosh setting foot on the court. And while the article was harsh, that was its intended tone. The point, frankly, is accurate. Semaj still has tons of potential, but you're only going to get so many chances with shooting numbers like that.
    But it's basically his first year in the NBA, obviously the highest league in the world in going to take a slight learning curve. I think he can improve on those numbers, just needs to continue to work at it, we know he has the talent, it'll be interesting to see if it pans out into a nice little career.

  10. #10
    Junior THRILLHOUSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    3,600
    Sure, it's harsh but it's accurate. Right now Semaj is not a good NBA player. Hopefully the Thunder will keep him around and he'll get a shot to improve, but I also wouldn't be shocked if he's back in Europe in the near future.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •