Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Walk-On

Semaj doing his part

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19120414

Semaj doing his part with the three. I'm still bitter about the loss to UCLA/Westbrook and Love but this has been an impressive season to say the least. And this one assist makes it a little less bitter.

Junior
    A lot of Westbrook in that video and article.

Westbrook gets triple-doubles all the time. Semaj hitting a three...now that's an event.
    zip em up

Semaj averages 2.0 asts and 0.7 turnovers a game, almost 3-to-1 ratio! I like it, hope he gets more playing time next year.

And I saw he makes over $500K/yr on his bio page, good for Semaj! I'd say it worked out well!

Westbrook also ended the Nuggets Playoff hopes with his buzzer beating 36 ft. 3. Ugh.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by blueblob06 View Post
    Semaj averages 2.0 asts and 0.7 turnovers a game, almost 3-to-1 ratio! I like it, hope he gets more playing time next year.

And I saw he makes over $500K/yr on his bio page, good for Semaj! I'd say it worked out well!
    He's also shooting 35% from the field, 18% from three, and 55% from the FT line, while averaging 2.8 points. He's going to have work on those numbers a lot if he wants to stick around.

Junior
    Semaj got a call out from Zach Lowe (see #10)....though not necessarily in a good way:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...ajon-rondo-nba

I can't understand ever playing Semaj off the ball. An 6'3", 18% three-point shooter at the 2, playing next to another slasher in Westbrook? Lunacy.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    He's also shooting 35% from the field, 18% from three, and 55% from the FT line, while averaging 2.8 points. He's going to have work on those numbers a lot if he wants to stick around.
    Agreed, lots to improve but the 3 to 1 assist-to-turnover rate in rookie season is pretty cool to see, even if it is in limited minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by smileyy View Post
    Semaj got a call out from Zach Lowe (see #10)....though not necessarily in a good way:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...ajon-rondo-nba

I can't understand ever playing Semaj off the ball. An 6'3", 18% three-point shooter at the 2, playing next to another slasher in Westbrook? Lunacy.
    Wow that writer is a real dick about it. How can you already say that a guy will be horrible when Westbrook eventually leaves when that guy is in his first year in the NBA?

This may be Semaj's first year in the NBA, but he's 24 yrs old and in his 3rd year out of school. It's not like he's a frosh setting foot on the court. And while the article was harsh, that was its intended tone. The point, frankly, is accurate. Semaj still has tons of potential, but you're only going to get so many chances with shooting numbers like that.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Muskie View Post
    This may be Semaj's first year in the NBA, but he's 24 yrs old and in his 3rd year out of school. It's not like he's a frosh setting foot on the court. And while the article was harsh, that was its intended tone. The point, frankly, is accurate. Semaj still has tons of potential, but you're only going to get so many chances with shooting numbers like that.
    But it's basically his first year in the NBA, obviously the highest league in the world in going to take a slight learning curve. I think he can improve on those numbers, just needs to continue to work at it, we know he has the talent, it'll be interesting to see if it pans out into a nice little career.

Sure, it's harsh but it's accurate. Right now Semaj is not a good NBA player. Hopefully the Thunder will keep him around and he'll get a shot to improve, but I also wouldn't be shocked if he's back in Europe in the near future.