Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rosie LaVelle

Squeak passed away several years ago. The Barber shop is part of the Chicken. Chicken under new ownership. I have not been there in a few years

Anyone else having a "strange brew" flashback?

Squeak died a while ago. There was another mayor in between him and the current one (Dave Collins was the previous one, who is a friend of my family's as well). The current mayor is John Donnellon. The Chicken was great when the Bachman's owned it, even if it was a UC themed place. The Bachman's are good people. I haven't been there in years, and my parents and oldest sister have talked about how much it has fallen off since then. MVPs and Silverton Cafe are pretty much the spots in Deer Park/Silverton now. My band actually plays both spots regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    Her dad is a long time season ticket holder. Played softball with him for years. Great guy.
    My dad had seats with Marty back in the days of the Gardens, tremendous guy.
    White sheets. Yellow tape. Closed case. Zip 'em up.

Quote Originally Posted by xnatic03 View Post
    Squeak died a while ago. There was another mayor in between him and the current one (Dave Collins was the previous one, who is a friend of my family's as well). The current mayor is John Donnellon. The Chicken was great when the Bachman's owned it, even if it was a UC themed place. The Bachman's are good people. I haven't been there in years, and my parents and oldest sister have talked about how much it has fallen off since then. MVPs and Silverton Cafe are pretty much the spots in Deer Park/Silverton now. My band actually plays both spots regularly.
    I've been up to the Chicken a few times since Ross Bachman sold the place. It's okay but definitely not the same. It's a shame Ross had to sell it due to his health issues but from what I've heard he's gone through a damn-near miraculous recovery and is doing really well now.
    White sheets. Yellow tape. Closed case. Zip 'em up.