Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    His "inconsistency" last year was completely overstated. He had one bad month, one above average month, and 4 insanely good months. People actually need to look at this shit before they run with narratives.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...&year=2016&t=b
    I suspect that every good player goes through some slumps throughout the season. That's why players don't hit .500.

Supporting Member
    Reds couldn't be bothered to broadcast today's game. How is that even possible in 2017?
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    Reds couldn't be bothered to broadcast today's game. How is that even possible in 2017?
    On a Sunday? Mind boggling that Fox doesn't have it on

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    On a Sunday? Mind boggling that Fox doesn't have it on
    I'm sure The Masters has something to do with that decision.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Supporting Member
    Not sure what the Masters has to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    His "inconsistency" last year was completely overstated. He had one bad month, one above average month, and 4 insanely good months. People actually need to look at this shit before they run with narratives.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...&year=2016&t=b
    I actually did look at this shit and it proves my point perfectly...

April 4 - June 11 - .226/.352/.434 and OPS of 0.786
    June 12 - Oct 2 - .387/.485/.622 and OPS of 1.107

For comparison, Zack Cozart's stats from last year - .252/.308/.425 and an OPS of 0.732.

You can't just throw out the results of 62 games in a season and call it "overstated." I'm not trying to detract from Votto, but hitting at the same level as Cozart for 62 games is not good.

Quote Originally Posted by MauriceX View Post
    I actually did look at this shit and it proves my point perfectly...

April 4 - June 11 - .226/.352/.434 and OPS of 0.786
    June 12 - Oct 2 - .387/.485/.622 and OPS of 1.107

For comparison, Zack Cozart's stats from last year - .252/.308/.425 and an OPS of 0.732.

You can't just throw out the results of 62 games in a season and call it "overstated." I'm not trying to detract from Votto, but hitting at the same level as Cozart for 62 games is not good.
    Guy, I linked his month by month splits already. His April was horrible. In May his OPS was over .800 which I called above average (in comparison to normal players but not Votto) and then he was on fire every other month. One month he played poorly. One other month he played below average for him but still fine in the grand scheme of things.

In over 2/3 of his ABs he was OPSing over 1.000.

Geesh, Votto didn't have a good start to the year in 2016. Why anyone would try and counter that is amazing? He had an incredible overall year. This franchise cant win consistently when he doesn't play well. No one is blaming him for anything. Its just the current state of things. Votto is a stud. Period. No one is debating that.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    I'm sure The Masters has something to do with that decision.
    That's probably why they had the Reds-Phillies Thursday game on TV instead. Usually day games get blacked out and Sunday games in September get the same treatment when the NFL is on.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Geesh, Votto didn't have a good start to the year in 2016. Why anyone would try and counter that is amazing? He had an incredible overall year. This franchise cant win consistently when he doesn't play well. No one is blaming him for anything. Its just the current state of things. Votto is a stud. Period. No one is debating that.
    I think the point is that Votto had ANOTHER insanely good season. "Votto needs to be more consistent" is down at about priority #600 for the Reds. There are hundreds of more pressing issues than Votto's consistency.

He had a bad first month, yep. You could pick out any sample of any player in baseball and create an "inconsistency" narrative.