Page 2 of 255 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    I am not a degenerate as I bet 2-3 total times per year on trips up to sports books in Vegas, but yes reputable books will refund.

As a biz proposition, All of the odds down the board are moved by heavy betting on the favorite.

Will Taking all that favorite money out of the pool,and not adjusting all of the remaining odds, equal a disaster for the house?

Or is book on golf like printing money anyway?

Doesn't the House have clear rules on when a bet is voided and refunded? This can't be the first time.
    Last edited by Emp; 04-06-2017 at 06:11 PM.
    It's a still great day to be a Muskie, but a sad day to be a supporting member of this board.

That's the argument (and a good one) on why a book wouldn't refund the bets. They are clearly listed as a "future bets", so once the bet is made, the money is gone. And yep, the odds adjusted once a favorite was not longer in the running.

If you simplify it and there were only 3 golfers in the field, Johnson, Spieth, and Watson, the odds before Johnson withdrew were made Johnson 2 to 1, Spieth 3 to 1 and Waston 5 to 1. When Johnson withdrew, now Spieth is 2 to 1 and Watson is 4 to 1, meaning everyone who bet Spieth at 3 to 1 is getting a better payout than they really should have. If Johnson bettors are all getting their money back on top of that, the book loses big.

I know I overly simplified that but that's my understanding of what's going on.

My book's rules are very clear. If you bet on a golfer to win and he doesn't strike the ball, no action. Similar in baseball...you can bet on a team with the pitching matchups and if the pitcher scratches, no action.

Regardless...I have a gigantic driver boner for tomorrow. Holy crap...I can't remember seeing a leaderboard like this at The Masters in my life. Who knows what the hell is going to happen tomorrow. Rose, Garcia, Spieth, Fowler, Moore, Scott....awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by nigel tufnel View Post
    my book's rules are very clear. If you bet on a golfer to win and he doesn't strike the ball, no action. Similar in baseball...you can bet on a team with the pitching matchups and if the pitcher scratches, no action.

Regardless...i have a gigantic driver boner for tomorrow. Holy crap...i can't remember seeing a leaderboard like this at the masters in my life. Who knows what the hell is going to happen tomorrow. Rose, garcia, spieth, fowler, moore, scott....awesome.
    wtmi
    It's a still great day to be a Muskie, but a sad day to be a supporting member of this board.

Really was sweating out last night as I had Denver ML and the series. I enjoy NBA betting, and feel like it’s the easiest sport to bet... hit 65% this postseason so far which I am happy, have done better and have done (way) worse in postseasons of prior years.
    Have Rockets -4.5 tonight.
    Tomorrow I’m going Toronto -1 and LA Clippers -7.5.

Probably a good bet on the Clips as the Nuggets are totally worn out from playing the Jazz. Should be a physical series.
    I've been betting on the Padres lately. Killed it on the trade deadline and really don't have a soft spot in their lineup. Tatis, jr. may be MVP this year. Kid is electric.
    Last edited by bobbiemcgee; 09-03-2020 at 09:42 AM.
    2023 Sweet 16

Over 222 Nuggs/Clips tonight looks good to me

Since posting I’ve lost both bets. I am superstitious so I guess that’s it for this thread...

Wait! Raptors win at the buzzer!!! This doesn’t help my superstitions! Literally happened right after I hit submit