"Disgraced" (The Movie about Baylor and Dave Bliss)

I saw this last night. I believe Showtime is running it. Never has a movie been more appropriately titled. I really didn't think it was possible, but I now believe Dave Bliss to be an even bigger piece of shit than the ginormous piece of shit that I already thought he was before I watched it. It's really quite remarkable. I can only imagine that he agreed to be a part of the movie because he figured he could make false insinuations to make himself look like some sort of combination of a repentant man and a victim.

For those that don't know the story, basically ten years ago at Baylor a player went missing. They later found that he had been murdered by one of his teammates. It was also alleged that other players who were new to the team were making threats to both the player who was murdered and the person that murdered him. The two were friends and were apparently both being targeted by other players on the team possibly for reasons that were drug related. No one is really sure why one turned on the other. The kid that was murdered was not on scholarship, but Dave Bliss had arranged for him to get his tuition paid and made sure he was given a car. Both of these are huge violations. So, because he was worried about getting pegged with those two violations, he tried to fabricate a story that the kid who was murdered had been dealing drugs, and it was the drug money that enabled him to buy the car and pay his tuition. He was caught on tape meeting with players and coaches and telling them to go along with this ludicrous story or he'd fire them or yank their scholarships.

I knew that story. I'd never heard the tapes before, nor had I heard from the others who were involved. It's one of those things that is still shocking to hear and see even though you already knew the details of it.

But that's not the crazy part. As he was being interviewed for this documentary, he again blatantly lied about what he did and did not know. The filmmakers call him out as he's being interviewed, and basically made him look like a giant jackass all over again. It was.....I don't even know what the proper adjective is to use. I'm not a good enough wordsmith to describe how much it was of whatever it was.

Dave Bliss was hired at Southwestern Christian University this past season. it's a place that's so under the radar that not even I know anything about it. I know it's a Christian based school, and I guess they bought his bullshit about how he was somehow a victim in all this, but at the same time was such a better person for it. Then, this movie came out. He immediately resigned, and I'm guessing it's to say that it wasn't by choice.

I mean....there are lots of dipshits in the world, but this guy has got to be close to the top of the list of the world's biggest dipshit.
    Last edited by xubrew; 04-05-2017 at 11:16 AM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    I saw that documentary last Friday on Showtime. Patrick Dennehy was the player murdered, and Carlton Dotson was the one who is now sitting in jail for that murder. From what I saw in that movie, it looked like Dotson had some serious mental health issues that likely contributed to the murder of Dennehy and subsequent cross-country trip in Dennehy's vehicle.

If you saw how Bliss behaved on camera as he tried to cut the interview off and hide his face, it's pretty repulsive.

It's also noteworthy to point out that nobody currently on Baylor's staff took part in the documentary.

"You can't fix stupid." Ron White