Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    No. It's a gathering where steaks (chicken) and beer are served. The coaches speak and you get to talk to other Xavier fans. Not fictional at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I was just kidding, of course, but where is Butler county?

The chicken/steak thing is also a little confusing. Beer, not confusing......until I drink some, then....

2023 Sweet 16

OK, I am honestly shocked about how little I learned about the Cincinnati area during my time at Xavier. I could find my way to Dana's and back, but other than that I had some blinders on. I guess I was just focused on my stellar GPA!

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    OK, I am honestly shocked about how little I learned about the Cincinnati area during my time at Xavier. I could find my way to Dana's and back, but other than that I had some blinders on. I guess I was just focused on my stellar GPA!
    Not meaning any disrespect to those from the area, but many who grew up in Cincy don't know where Hamilton or Butler County are located. In fact, I'm going to google it right now.

Is there much reason to know about it? Farms and suburban sprawl? I'm sure someone is happy to live up there, not in Cincy and not in Dayton.

You do need to know what the secret handshake is and I'm not telling
    Balls of Steele!!

The Butler County Steak Fry is a definite must. I think it started with Skip. Last year Chris was out in Colorado with USA Basketball but Travis and Jeremy Growe were there as were the women's coaches. You mingle with great people and fans and you get your hat. You meet guys from the Lew Hirt Society and you go home stuffed. I don't care for Budweiser, though.

Quote Originally Posted by mid major View Post
    The Butler County Steak Fry is a definite must. I think it started with Skip. Last year Chris was out in Colorado with USA Basketball but Travis and Jeremy Growe were there as were the women's coaches. You mingle with great people and fans and you get your hat. You meet guys from the Lew Hirt Society and you go home stuffed. I don't care for Budweiser, though.
    Is it like a ticket type of event, how much do they usually run? It seems like an interesting thing, I wouldn't mind going.

Get Luke to bring Bill.
    That'll amp the attendance.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Since it is in Butler county (suburb northeast of Cincy) do they actually fry the steaks? Is this where the term "country fried steak" originated?

I prefer my steaks cooked on a grill. Doesn't mean I wouldn't attend this event.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"