Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks for updates
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    I heard a story from a reliable source who attended, where Mack spoke with Ridder recently. Ridder told him he had just finished shooting 575 3's, and made 82% of them. Mack told him let's see how you do when your guarded.
    I have been on record here as saying that Jared Ridder may turn out to be the real surprise of the class. He could be another Doellman-style player combining size and long-distance shooting ability that will make him very hard to defend.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    This story is 100% true- straight from CMack's mouth.

Because Ridder was the only guy whose high school graduated early, he was the only one on campus in 1st summer session. Everyone else shows up this weekend. The Ridder story is even better because he was in the Cintas practice gym at like 2 in the morning shooting the 575 shots, then texted Mack who gave him the let's see when you're guarded comeback.

I love the way our coach interacts with his players.
    I'd have to start right after breakfast to get 575 3's up by 2:00am. I'd need to pace myself, that's a lot of shots. And I think I'd be closer to 8.2%.

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    I have been on record here as saying that Jared Ridder may turn out to be the real surprise of the class. He could be another Doellman-style player combining size and long-distance shooting ability that will make him very hard to defend.
    I'm not sure Ridder's game is anything like Doellman's at all. From all reports, Ridder is a spot shooter. Doellman was much much more than that.
    Last edited by AviatorX; 06-23-2017 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    I'm not sure Ridder's game is anything like Doellman's at all. From all reports, Ridder is a spot shooter. Doellman was much much more than that.
    Doellman was much much more than that by his senior year but coming out of high school I'd say that is a pretty fair comparison. Also Ridder does put the ball on the floor a little as well so I wouldn't pigeon hole him into strictly a spot up shooter.
    Balls of Steele!!

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    I'd have to start right after breakfast to get 575 3's up by 2:00am. I'd need to pace myself, that's a lot of shots. And I think I'd be closer to 8.2%.
    Remember Tu Holloway workouts?
    If my memory serves me right he weekly put up 10,000 shots. He lived in that gym.

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    Doellman was much much more than that by his senior year but coming out of high school I'd say that is a pretty fair comparison. Also Ridder does put the ball on the floor a little as well so I wouldn't pigeon hole him into strictly a spot up shooter.
    Warning again: Brad Redford's You Tube HS highlights were amazing!!!!!!!!!!! (soft competition)

Quote Originally Posted by WCWIII View Post
    Beer was flowing all evening
    I would have fit in so well there.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

I have to give WCWIII total props.

Dude came the furthest for the festivities-all the way from Chicagoland. Many came from out of town, but nobody further away to my knowledge.

Great job, W!!!!!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    I once tried to get 575 3.2 beers up at Dana's before 2:00 am. Does that count?
    2023 Sweet 16