Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Unless he just loves playing at Duke that much Grayson Allen has to be kicking himself for not leaving earlier. Kid cost himself millions.

Not that that relates to Tre in anyway, just an unrelated statement.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Unless he just loves playing at Duke that much Grayson Allen has to be kicking himself for not leaving earlier. Kid cost himself millions.

Same can be said about Melo Trimble..

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post

So, that seems fair. If he's going to kick and trip everyone else in sight, he deserves some himself!

What a dope. The trips and even more so the meltdowns make me wonder if he's all there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    I will go on record saying that if he returns he is costing himself some money. He will be 23 years old this year. And 23 and a half years old at next years NBA draft. Same as Jalen. Same as Semaj... How many 23 year olds get drafted in the first round?

If he returns I will be surprised. This isn't a difficult decision IMO unless school records and accolades are high priority for him.
    Rushed out the door at the age of 22??

Players can and often do get better as they get older. But I guess in your world Trevon has already hit his ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    Players can and often do get better as they get older. But I guess in your world Trevon has already hit his ceiling.
    He will get better. But he would get better faster if he is spending all his time playing basketball as opposed to attending classes, etc.

And again, NBA teams do not draft 23.5 year olds in the first round often at all. This is not my opinion this is fact.

He will get better. But he would get better faster if he is spending all his time playing basketball as opposed to attending classes, etc.
    But then wouldn't everyone.

It does however seem that the recent culture at Xavier is that if you stay for your senior year then you must be a failure. Not sure if that culture of thought is at other schools or not. Those who say leave and get paid seem to forget the opportunity cost of just enjoying life as a college student. These are the years you'll remember for the rest of your life and you'll never get them back. Kinda like spending time with your kids or working more crazy hours to make more money. You choose what's most important to you.

For me I would tell my kid to follow his heart. The NBA and Europe will still be there in another year. Once you go into the workforce you never go back. At least for 99% of us.
    Balls of Steele!!

For reference sake, last year the NBA drafted

15 seniors
    29 underclassmen
    16 foreign players
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

And again, NBA teams do not draft 23.5 year olds in the first round often at all. This is not my opinion this is fact.
    Playing in Europe is a commitment. They don't just hand you hundreds of thousands of dollars unless they get something in return.

Where do we find the age of players drafted?

Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    Playing in Europe is a commitment. They don't just hand you hundreds of thousands of dollars unless they get something in return.

Where do we find the age of players drafted?
    I used this site to find how many 23 year olds are drafted in the first round. It's trending down for sure.

Regardless of age trends I think it would be in Trevons best interest to attempt to improve his draft stock at X versus going to Europe, if he's not projected to go 1st round this year.