Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast
    Sophomore

Trevon and the Draft (STAYING AT X)

Without an agent:

Jeff Goodman‏Verified account @GoodmanESPN 1m1 minute ago
    More
    Xavier' Trevon bluiett is putting his name in the NBA Draft but not signing with an agent, source told ESPN. http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=2...926139945882-4

That seems to be really good news.

IMO I think that's the smart move for Tre. Ed's situation to me at least is completely different. But there's no point in limiting your options by immediately signing with an agent. Might as well test it out to see exactly where's standing despite all the mocks that really don't know

Very good news, IMO -- this seems to indicate that his "Plan B" is coming back to Xavier for his senior season as opposed to going to Europe if he doesn't like the way his NBA prospects are looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat View Post
    Very good news, IMO -- this seems to indicate that his "Plan B" is coming back to Xavier for his senior season as opposed to going to Europe if he doesn't like the way his NBA prospects are looking.
    Xavier still well be plan C or D, but at least he doesn't want to take it completely off the table.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Xavier still well be plan C or D, but at least he doesn't want to take it completely off the table.
    Might be right -- I just can't think (off the top of my head) of any guys who have gone No Agent --> Bad draft feedback --> Sign w/ Agent & Go to Europe.

I'm sure it happens, but it seems like that would be an odd move.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    If Tre decides to comeback, he's looking to be a Xavier legend. Probably would be 2nd all-time leading scorer. Took us to an Elite 8, and pending his senior year results. You're looking at his jersey #5 hanging in the cintas forever if he returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie34 View Post
    If Tre decides to comeback, he's looking to be a Xavier legend. Probably would be 2nd all-time leading scorer. Took us to an Elite 8, and pending his senior year results. You're looking at his jersey #5 hanging in the cintas forever if he returns.
    I hope that is enough to keep him one more year. That is a pretty big deal (I know I'm biased but I bet he is thinking the same).
    His parents are not in dire need for money. I hope between that status at X, and one JP Macura, Tre will be in a Xavier uniform next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat View Post
    Might be right -- I just can't think (off the top of my head) of any guys who have gone No Agent --> Bad draft feedback --> Sign w/ Agent & Go to Europe.

I'm sure it happens, but it seems like that would be an odd move.
    Yeah I agree. If you have Europe over coming back at this point then you hire an agent as early as you can to get the best possible deal. No point in waiting around without one and limiting yourself. I wasn't really counting on it, but there are some guys similar to Tre that waited till senior year and now projected to go over him. Jaron Blossomgate, Josh Hart, Sindarius Thornwell are all older and similar comps that are gonna go ahead of him

I think Tre is better than Blossomgate, but he's more athletic. Technically they all are. But another year of improving his body and efficiency and I think someone would add him as a reliable role player if he were to choose and come back. Plus they could pick up right where they left off and dominate haha

Quote Originally Posted by gladdenguy View Post
    I hope that is enough to keep him one more year. That is a pretty big deal (I know I'm biased but I bet he is thinking the same).
    His parents are not in dire need for money. I hope between that status at X, and one JP Macura, Tre will be in a Xavier uniform next year.
    He's been one of my bigger hopes of being the salesmen to bring Tre back and finish what they started