Big East Conference Reset

Link

WAY-TOO-EARLY POWER RANKINGS
    1. Villanova: All-American Josh Hart is gone but Jalen Brunson, a floor general who will end up on many preseason All-American lists, is back, as is Mikal Bridges, Eric Paschall and Donte DiVincenzo, a two-guard many peg as a breakout star next season. Jay Wright brings in a pretty good recruiting class but the biggest new addition is redshirt freshman Omari Spellman. The Big East Conference belongs to Villanova until someone proves it can knock it off.
    2. Seton Hall: Angel Delgado’s decision to return to for his senior season makes the Pirates the biggest threat to Villanova’s conference dominance. Delgado, the nation’s leading rebounder, rejoins Khadeen Carrington, Desi Rodriguez, and Ismael Sanogo. Madison Jones is gone but Myles Powell is a strong replacement after averaging double figures his freshman season. The Pirates are the most experienced team in the Big East. They are tough as nails and are likely the best defensive team in the league.
    3. Xavier: The Musketeers lost six of seven to close out the regular season but found themselves in the Elite Eight thanks in large part to the play of Trevon Bluiett. The 6-foot-5 wing returns, which puts Xavier in another good position for 2017-18. Edmond Sumner remained in the NBA Draft but that tournament run was made after his season ended following an ACL tear. J.P. Macura is back while Quentin Goodin and Tyrique Jones both made strides in their freshmen seasons. Chris Mack is also bringing in arguably his best recruiting class, headlined by Paul Scruggs and Naji Marshall.
    4. Providence:
    5. Butler
    6. Creighton
    7. Marquette
    8. St. John’s
    9. DePaul
    10. Georgetown
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

I tend to think SHU is one of the most overrated teams in the nation coming into this year. I get that they return basically everyone, but they return everyone on a team that just wasn't all that good. Their offense isnt very efficient largely in part to being a bad 3 point shooting team and a bottom 20 FT shooting team in all of college basketball. I think they'll be good but I dont see them going from the 51st best team in the nation to a Top 20 team with the same pieces as last year. Xavier was a better team last year even without Sumner, and they return everyone as well and have better recruits coming in.

I think it goes without saying that Seton Hall's rank is mostly based on how dominant Delgado was against everyone not named Villanova in the Big East.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Interesting.

Some observations:

1. Mullen will be entering his 3rd year? I think.... Is St Johns seeing the light at the end of the tunnel?
    2. Wojo at the helm of Marquette for 3 years. Steady progression in the Big East, but is he recruiting at a high enough level?
    3. I think this is the year someone knocks Villanova from the Top. I like Butler, SH or Xavier to be right there.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Interesting.

Some observations:

1. Mullen will be entering his 3rd year? I think.... Is St Johns seeing the light at the end of the tunnel?
    2. Wojo at the helm of Marquette for 3 years. Steady progression in the Big East, but is he recruiting at a high enough level?
    3. I think this is the year someone knocks Villanova from the Top. I like Butler, SH or Xavier to be right there.
    1. Nah, I think they'll give him 5 minimum before they start thinking about a replacement. They technically progressed pretty well from year 1 to year 2.

2. Wojo had 2 ESPN top 100 recruits last year, got a 4 star just outside of the top 100 this year, and in the mix for some top 60 2018 recruits, I trust Wojo's recruiting, I think he'll have Marquette back to damn good soon enough.

3. It's us. This is our year. We freaking ride on em.

I wonder if Georgetown has ever been at the bottom of a conference list. That's gotta hurt.
    Below DePaul is rubbing salt in the wound.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

SHU is to high. I think It is X's year this coming season. And depending how the new kids do, could start a run at the top.
    Coaches don't make Xavier, Xavier makes coaches.