Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Mock Drafts

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Also of note, mock draft for 2018:

JP is #44 in this one, no Tre.
    http://www.nbadraft.net/2018mock_draft
    Seriously? That would be awesome....
    I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that don't work.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierdude View Post
    Seriously? That would be awesome....
    I love JP, but the odds of him getting drafted next year are extremely low.

Quote Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
    Unless he shoots like 40% from 3 next year.

Agreed. Its not impossible, but its definitely improbable. That said, that mock demonstrates the biggest reason why Bluiett might return. The draft next year is much weaker than this year. Bluiett might not even get drafted this year but could be a mid second rounder next just due to there being less talent.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Also of note, mock draft for 2018:

JP is #44 in this one, no Tre.
    http://www.nbadraft.net/2018mock_draft
    That would mean this coming season was epically ridiculous for JP. I will take that.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

JP needs to at least shoot a lot better. He's got a lot of offensive game, but if he's not shooting great from the outside, he's got no chance of being useful to an NBA team.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by MuskieXU View Post
    Agreed. Its not impossible, but its definitely improbable. That said, that mock demonstrates the biggest reason why Bluiett might return. The draft next year is much weaker than this year. Bluiett might not even get drafted this year but could be a mid second rounder next just due to there being less talent.
    People say this crap at this time every year and it is beyond silly.

Next year's draft may turn out to be weaker, but you have no way of knowing that this far out.

Just look at where this draft was projected to be 12 months ago when people were saying the same about it:

Harry Giles was projected to go #1 overall. He is now projected to barely be a first rounder.

Donovan Mitchell was not on anyone's first round board. He's now likely a lottery pick.

Hell Hamidou Diallo was coming back to Kentucky according to everyone as recently as a month ago. Now he's a likely first round pick.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    JP needs to at least shoot a lot better. He's got a lot of offensive game, but if he's not shooting great from the outside, he's got no chance of being useful to an NBA team.
    If JP was going to make it in the league it would be as a 3 and D player.

Unfortunately for him he doesn't do either one of those things particularly well.

Tre's experience to this point should tell us all we need to know about how hard it is to make it in the league, particularly for a guy who lacks the traditional athletic attributes of an NBA player.
    Last edited by casualfan; 05-22-2017 at 09:15 AM.

People say this crap at this time every year and it is beyond silly.

Next year's draft may turn out to be weaker, but you have no way of knowing that this far out.

Just look at where this draft was projected to be 12 months ago when people were saying the same about it:

Harry Giles was projected to go #1 overall. He is now projected to barely be a first rounder.

Donovan Mitchell was not on anyone's first round board. He's now likely a lottery pick.

Hell Hamidou Diallo was coming back to Kentucky according to everyone as recently as a month ago. Now he's a likely first round pick.
    I get what you're saying, but this is also an incredibly strong freshman class coming out and people have known that for awhile. We should see 17 or 18 Freshman get drafted in the first round, which would be the most ever my a wide margin. For comparison there were 10 in 2016. Its impossible to tell exactly how strong or weak the class will be next year, but anyone who analyzes such things agrees that it will definitely be weaker than this years.

JP is not athletic enough to keep up with NBA guys consistently. He'd have to improve in so many ways, namely decision making. Here's hoping for the best.

I have wondered several times if Trevon was athletic enough or solid enough on defense, but due to the performances he's had over the years I'm surprised more prognosticators aren't giving him the respect.

Then again, it's absolutely shocking to me that more respect hasn't been given to Josh Hart. I could see him doing really well in the NBA. He'll probably go late second round to San Antonio and then become a superstar.