Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    Thought we'd be a tad higher... though we're likely to climb a bit each year for the next several years.
    We're sneaking up on everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Tardy Turtle View Post
    This is a fucking riot:
    Unbelievable. I can just imagine the goons in Clifton going CRAZY right now.

EDIT: Wait, can they read over there???

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Yeah, it is, but this continual "Power 5" once again disses the League where the 2016 National Champions came from.
    how does it diss the Big East? It is just an objective list of teams based on their all time AP rankings.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XUMIOH12 View Post
    how does it diss the Big East? It is just an objective list of teams based on their all time AP rankings.
    The term Power 5 is a perceived slight to the Big East.

It's a football term used to indentify the top 5 leagues (BIG, SEC, Pac12, Big 12, SEC) in the college football world.

Quote Originally Posted by gladdenguy View Post
    When I see sUCks and San Francisco above Xavier, the list is a joke.
    They explained how they calculated it. It's simply data that's interesting to look at. Nothing more. It's not important, and I don't think it really indicates how strong a program currently is.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by casualfan View Post

It's a football term used to indentify the top 5 leagues (BIG, SEC, Pac12, Big 12, SEC) in the college football world.
    It's not a football term. If anything, it is a governance term.

The SEC, ACC, Pac Twelve, Big Ten, and Big Twelve have autonomy when it comes to the NCAA governing structure. They have branded themselves as the Power Five. Power doesn't really mean how good they are in basketball (or football), although I'm sure they picked that label because of what it implies. But in reality, they have power when it comes to governance that the Big East doesn't. Being better in basketball won't change that. They have governing power. The Big East does not. They are the Power Five. The Big East is not.

They should have split this up from the first 30-40 years and the last 30-40 years. Who moved up and who moved down? Who was pretty consistent? Who's made huge strides? Would have been a little more interesting.....

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by casualfan View Post

What am i missing? The only mention of mid-major or power 5 is in the UC blurb. Nowhere in there does it mention anything about the Big East or its teams in regards to Power 5. I really don't see how anyone can get riled up about anything in this article.

Quote Originally Posted by XUMIOH12 View Post
    What am i missing? The only mention of mid-major or power 5 is in the UC blurb. Nowhere in there does it mention anything about the Big East or its teams in regards to Power 5. I really don't see how anyone can get riled up about anything in this article.
    I constantly feel this way when reading this message boards. As bad as this sounds, the more I see it, the more amused I am by it. I think everyone on Earth is annoyed by something in their life. Collectively we're annoyed by pretty much everything.