Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    He also was running NBA style defense with a heavy reliance on rim protection (they do have some guys who can do that) over help defense and clogging the lane. Didn't work out so well.
    They ran a defense?

All-Conference
    We are talking about Brooklyn Chris Mullin...he probably loves the way they play. That's how he played.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    We are talking about Brooklyn Chris Mullin...he probably loves the way they play. That's how he played.
    He does love the way they play.

That's why in the post that started this convo I said the sooner they hit rock bottom and he gets fired the better.

Quote Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
    They ran a defense?
    Allegedly.

Hey Casual, really missed you during the run.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GetUp5 View Post
    Al Freeman would be an enormous get for us.
    Freeman is extremely unlikely to happen. I'm not so certain Xavier is going to go after a 5th year guy, but will likely target a transfer big
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by xufan02 View Post
    Freeman is extremely unlikely to happen. I'm not so certain Xavier is going to go after a 5th year guy, but will likely target a transfer big
    Yeah but Freeman shot 3's at a 39% clip, he'd be nice to have on a team full of slashers more than shooters to be honest. I think if we have a chance, we should grab him. And he would have a year left.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Yeah but Freeman shot 3's at a 39% clip, he'd be nice to have on a team full of slashers more than shooters to be honest. I think if we have a chance, we should grab him. And he would have a year left.
    Exactly, you give this a shot. If we have a 39% (or 3.9%) chance to get an experienced 39% shooter, go all in! It's probably what we need most next year. If it doesn't work out? Nothing lost...

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Exactly, you give this a shot. If we have a 39% (or 3.9%) chance to get an experienced 39% shooter, go all in! It's probably what we need most next year. If it doesn't work out? Nothing lost...
    This is not going to happen. It was Xavier and Baylor at the very end of his original recruitment and he went to Baylor for specific reasons. Xavier didn't play the game the first go round so I doubt they have any interest in kicking the tires on this one.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by xufan02 View Post
    This is not going to happen. It was Xavier and Baylor at the very end of his original recruitment and he went to Baylor for specific reasons. Xavier didn't play the game the first go round so I doubt they have any interest in kicking the tires on this one.
    Probably not, of course. But unless there is some reason to NOT try to make the team better, you look into it. We could benefit from another shooter. They did have a relationship. If he's a problem of some sort, that's one thing. Short of that....why not kick the tires?