Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by stammina0721 View Post
    This makes sense though. He gives us the veteran 2 who has big conference experience, he knows our staff and he can advance deep in the tournament. This allows us to put Tre at the 4 if he comes back
    He is the dream scenario for us.

The issue is going to be that he might end up being the most sought after transfer on the market.

Not saying we have no shot, but there will be a LONG line for that one.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Malik Ellison is leaving St. John's. That's a bad deal for St. John's.
    The sooner they implode, Mullin gets fired, and they can hire a real coach the better.

Quote Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
    The sooner they implode, Mullin gets fired, and they can hire a real coach the better.
    I thought they looked like they were headed in the right direction last year and Mullin might get the job done. This is not a good development for him (and them).

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I thought they looked like they were headed in the right direction last year and Mullin might get the job done. This is not a good development for him (and them).
    With the amount of talent they have on that roster there is no excuse for being under .500 in the OOC portion of the schedule.

They play 0 defense and if it wasn't for Ponds and Lovett their offense would be a mess.

I just don't see the plan there.

With the amount of talent they have on that roster there is no excuse for being under .500 in the OOC portion of the schedule.

They play 0 defense and if it wasn't for Ponds and Lovett their offense would be a mess.

I just don't see the plan there.
    Their offense is a mess because Ponds and Lovett just shoot whenever they feel like it, wherever they are on the court.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Their offense is a mess because Ponds and Lovett just shoot whenever they feel like it, wherever they are on the court.
    From everyone I have talked to that is Mullins plan.

He wants to run NBA style offense which is heavy ISO stuff.

The problem is, unless you're one of two or three schools you don't have the personnel to run that.

The only reason they score is because those two guys can make really tough shots.

The problem is, unless you're one of two or three schools you don't have the personnel to run that.

The only reason they score is because those two guys can make really tough shots.
    That could very well be. All i know is that the support for St. John's is there is they are competitive. The Gardens was rocking in the Big East Tourney when they played GTown, and the place was half full.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    That could very well be. All i know is that the support for St. John's is there is they are competitive. The Gardens was rocking in the Big East Tourney when they played GTown, and the place was half full.
    There is a reason those guys played 32 and 33 minutes per game despite taking a bunch of awful shots.

I know they are really talented, but at some point if they're not running the offense you want you have to make them earn their PT and sit them down.

That never happened.

He also was running NBA style defense with a heavy reliance on rim protection (they do have some guys who can do that) over help defense and clogging the lane. Didn't work out so well.

Al Freeman would be an enormous get for us.