Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Okay I didn't know about that whole 16 year old fiasco, that's a pretty big flag, I know it's a 2 year age difference, and that's not that large in the spectrum of things, but come on man. I'm sure you can find a legal girl at Kansas...
    In no way do I condone college guys messing around with high school girls, but the age of consent in Kansas (and Ohio) is 16. So legally speaking she was legal, morally I would say not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    In no way do I condone college guys messing around with high school girls, but the age of consent in Kansas (and Ohio) is 16. So legally speaking she was legal, morally I would say not so much.
    Eh regardless, that's still kind of weird to me. Like I said, I know 2 years doesn't seem like a big deal, but it's the age of development that you need to key into. College guys and high schools girls is Matthew McConaughey in Dazed and Confused type of creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Eh regardless, that's still kind of weird to me. Like I said, I know 2 years doesn't seem like a big deal, but it's the age of development that you need to key into. College guys and high schools girls is Matthew McConaughey in Dazed and Confused type of creepy.
    I agreed.

Ed Morrow will be visiting X on May 12-13. He will be visiting Marquette, Iowa St, and Pitt before that.

Last visit a good thing? CM has been going after him hard.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Ed Morrow will be visiting X on May 12-13. He will be visiting Marquette, Iowa St, and Pitt before that.

Last visit a good thing? CM has been going after him hard.
    I would rather have the first visit. I see Morrow committing prior to actually visiting Xavier. I just don't see him wanting to play Center, and that's what he would play here. He is going to go where he can play on the wing.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by xufan02 View Post
    I would rather have the first visit. I see Morrow committing prior to actually visiting Xavier. I just don't see him wanting to play Center, and that's what he would play here. He is going to go where he can play on the wing.
    Mack has already met with him in person. Do you think he would agree to visit if Mack told him he would be playing in a spot he didn't want to play?

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Mack has already met with him in person. Do you think he would agree to visit if Mack told him he would be playing in a spot he didn't want to play?
    I wasn't at the table when Mack met with him in Lincoln, but tell me in what scenario with our roster and style of play Morrow plays anything but the 5.

I just find it unlikely that he would be utilized in the way he wants at Xavier. We have Kaiser, Ridder, and Naji that are all going to get a look at that four spot. Our only position of need is at Center.

Unless Mack wants to play two bigs and that is less than ideal on defense guarding ball screens, we are playing 4 out one in.
    Last edited by xufan02; 04-22-2017 at 09:24 AM.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xufan02 View Post
    I wasn't at the table when Mack met with him in Lincoln, but tell me in what scenario with our roster and style of play Morrow plays anything but the 5.

I just find it unlikely that he would be utilized in the way he wants at Xavier. We have Kaiser, Ridder, and Naji that are all going to get a look at that four spot. Our only position of need is at Center.

Unless Mack wants to play two bigs and that is less than ideal on defense guarding ball screens, we are playing 4 out one in.
    They distinction between a PF and a C in college these days is pretty silly 99% of the time.

There are very few true centers left in college basketball these days. Guys like Sean O'Mara are the exception not the rule.

As for Morrow wanting to play on the wing that's pretty ridiculous IMO.

No one is playing a 6-7 234 lb guy that in 2 full years hasn't attempted a three on the wing.

I think what's happened with Tre being as good as he has letting us play 4 out people have just assumed we'll continue to play that way.

I don't necessarily think that's the case nor are teams obligated to play one way.

In 2 years can play a 4 out lineup such as (Q, Scruggs, Naji, Ridder, Tyrique) or you can play a couple in the paint bigs together (Q, Scruggs, Naji, Morrow, Tyrique)

Just because we've been successful doing it doesn't mean we are obligated to continue playing 4 out.

Quote Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
    They distinction between a PF and a C in college these days is pretty silly 99% of the time.

There are very few true centers left in college basketball these days. Guys like Sean O'Mara are the exception not the rule.

As for Morrow wanting to play on the wing that's pretty ridiculous IMO.

No one is playing a 6-7 234 lb guy that in 2 full years hasn't attempted a three on the wing.

I think what's happened with Tre being as good as he has letting us play 4 out people have just assumed we'll continue to play that way.

I don't necessarily think that's the case nor are teams obligated to play one way.

In 2 years can play a 4 out lineup such as (Q, Scruggs, Naji, Ridder, Tyrique) or you can play a couple in the paint bigs together (Q, Scruggs, Naji, Morrow, Tyrique)

Just because we've been successful doing it doesn't mean we are obligated to continue playing 4 out.
    Well, there's also the fact that based on how Mack is building the roster it seems pretty obvious they intend to continue playing that way. Especially with how well he managed the 3 man platoon at center down the stretch this past season.
    Last edited by AviatorX; 04-22-2017 at 10:20 AM.

Sophomore
    Casualfan, I just don't see those lineups that you listed giving us much versatility on offense. Ridder would be the only shooter in those lineups. Xavier in those lineups would be zoned all day long with zero ability to shoot a team out of it. Q, Scruggs, and Naji are not guys that make you pay from deep. That is why you would need guys like Kaiser, Ridder, and Harden on the floor with them to give you shooters.

Morrow is a non shooter and does not give you anything with your current roster on the wing. He is a tremendous defender and rebounder but in that lineup is a 5 along with Tyrique.

Xavier is recruiting and building their roster in the like of Villanova; having big slashing guards paired with wings that can shoot while playing one true post.
    Last edited by xufan02; 04-22-2017 at 10:38 AM.