Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Ed has ability questions. NBA teams will NOT waste picks on question marks. Ed is now off ALL NBA Mock draft boards. He will not get drafted this year.

I think he's back at Xavier. Whether he plays is another question. He can rehab while being a student. Probably better, however to play some to show off on a limited basis. Kyrie Irving was drafted while injured, but there were NO questions about his ability.
    OG Anunoby from IU is almost sure to be a first rounder and there are definitely questions with him. I think the reason Ed isn't on the boards is because those who make the board are assuming he won't enter the draft (he is listed as a first rounder in 2018 on a couple I quickly checked). If he decides that's what he wants to do, I bet that will change.

Tre will try to play in workouts for draft analysis with an agent. He probably will go to Europe or D-League after not getting a first round section.

He is a good and solid COLLEGE player. I wish him the best. He is off to make some career like Sato and Doellman.

Ed? If I advised him, rehab and play when your knee is 100% (It might never be depending on genes and grace of God).
    When able to play, start conditioning and get in game shape. I wuld say go to school, but don't play until you are 100% If that means not until January 2018, then sit out and hire an agent and do all the pre draft camps and conditioning between January and June.
    He can shock people if he can look like fast and old Sumner without risking an injury.

Best scenario is he is ready to play in November. But we shall see. I hope he is 100% before December.

If not, beside Scruggs, will we have any guard depth next year?

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    OG Anunoby from IU is almost sure to be a first rounder and there are definitely questions with him. I think the reason Ed isn't on the boards is because those who make the board are assuming he won't enter the draft (he is listed as a first rounder in 2018 on a couple I quickly checked). If he decides that's what he wants to do, I bet that will change.
    There are no questions as to Anunoby's ability, just his injury. Ed still can't shoot and he still has to prove proper decision making.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Was lucky enough to meet Tre's father at Dan Gardens a few weeks ago. Nice guy. Had a drink together. I asked him point blank if Tre is leaving. He said if they believe he will get 1st round then definitely. Said we are not a wealthy family and need to take advantage when opportunity is there. Hard to disagree. Question is will they know if 1st round is happening. We've seen XU players get bad advice/info before on this topic.
    Xaveriana, one that bleeds blue

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XUOWNSUC View Post
    Trevon has 1,585 career points after last night's game (good for 15th all-time in Xavier history). If he would stay for his senior year (which he won't) and assuming his average points per game would stay about the same as this year (18.5 per game), he would finish his career with roughly 2,200 points. That would be good for 2nd all-time in Xavier history (behind 1st place Larkin and ahead of third place West). Let that sink in. He's had a hell of a career at Xavier. I wish him the best next year!

SelfishIy, I wish he would pull a Josh Hart and come back for his senior year (again, I know it isn't going to happen).
    at the start of the 14-15 season i thought that Bluiett would be a 4 year player and score 2k+ points. It would be great if he stayed and truly became one of the Xavier all time greats.

The other thing to remember about Ed is that he might not actually get back into game shape until conference play next year -- and then there's no gauarantee that he ever fully gets up to speed given the difficulties we saw with Myles in working a guy back while also facing the hardest part of the season.

He might look at that situation and think "It's highly unlikely I do anything that improves my pro stock, and entirely possible I hurt it by coming back and looking a step slow against guys who have been playing for 2-3 months already." Given that, his best move might be to just take whatever money / deals are available right now and run.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaveriana View Post
    Was lucky enough to meet Tre's father at Dan Gardens a few weeks ago. Nice guy. Had a drink together. I asked him point blank if Tre is leaving. He said if they believe he will get 1st round then definitely. Said we are not a wealthy family and need to take advantage when opportunity is there. Hard to disagree. Question is will they know if 1st round is happening. We've seen XU players get bad advice/info before on this topic.
    If that's the case, he will be back. Love tre but he's not a first round talent no one is picking him in the first round...not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    If that's the case, he will be back. Love tre but he's not a first round talent no one is picking him in the first round...not going to happen.
    Tre was told by NBA scouts to lose weight / add muscle in the hopes that it would improve his quickness -- and it really didn't. It improved his conditioning, it helped his release time a bit, but he's still pretty much the same guy in terms of latteral quickness and burst speed. He can't beat most people to the rack on offense (which is why he takes so many pull-up jump shots) and he is still just OK on defense in terms of staying on a man.

I think he's an elite scorer and could score points at any court on the planet (including the NBA), I just don't know that NBA coaches / GMs will ever overlook the things he doesn't do well. I hope I'm wrong.

Viewing that the only logical choice to not getting drafted is returning to school is a belief that somehow has not been changed with time.
    Run the table.

Personally, I would give anything to relive my senior year of college.. Of course I did not have the chance to leave early and make millions of dollars playing a sport somewhere. Tough decision no doubt. I don't know much about the NBA but if Josh Hart is seen as a mid-second round pick then Bluiett will be looking at late second round at best. Although, the money overseas is very nice and these guys only have a limited number of years to make money playing hoops. Think it comes down to whether or not he wants to cement himself in Xavier basketball lore.