Loving the coverage with the Bill Murray boost (or "How big was that Butler game???")

So far this morning, coverage on the Today show, obviously local news, all over the sports page, headlining the opinion page, featured in the USA filler section in the fish wrap (that's national). We are the darlings now, and just imagine the coverage this week after tonight's win.

Amazing run is the story, boosted by the 11 see and multiplied by Bill Murray = amazing national press coverage. In the branding world, getting that number of impressions outside of the normal audience is enormous. The value of this run to the school, the team and to a lesser extent the city and the region is huge.

If we don't win that Butler game, I believe none of this happens. Even if we still get in, our matchup likely changes, and we have nothing of any real substance to build on. Taking down a strong team like Butler right before the tournament provides the confidence to go in and play any team and beat them.

So many years of getting unfortunate breaks and near misses are paying back now. 3 more games to go... it continues tonight.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

St. Bill Murray, Cheer For Us!

David F. West, Inspire Us To Victory!
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

There was a thread on one of these boards many moons ago discussing who is our "celebrity fan". I don't have the time, nor the care to look it up but I recall pictures of Brooke Burke, and other much better looking celebs than Bill Murray.

But Bill Murray is perfect for Xavier Nation. I have watched him give Sr Rose a noogie about 12 times. His dancing reminds me of a combination of Elaine Benes' seizure dance and Paul Brown trying to do the Ickey Shuffle. His complexion appears as if someone hit him in the face with a bag of flaming nickles. He is great, and I love having him on our side.

Cinderella story. Outta nowhere. A former mid major, now, about to become the 2017 NCAA Men's Basketball champion.....
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    There was a thread on one of these boards many moons ago discussing who is our "celebrity fan". I don't have the time, nor the care to look it up but I recall pictures of Brooke Burke, and other much better looking celebs than Bill Murray.

But Bill Murray is perfect for Xavier Nation. I have watched him give Sr Rose a noogie about 12 times. His dancing reminds me of a combination of Elaine Benes' seizure dance and Paul Brown trying to do the Ickey Shuffle. His complexion appears as if someone hit him in the face with a bag of flaming nickles. He is great, and I love having him on our side.

Cinderella story. Outta nowhere. A former mid major, now, about to become the 2017 NCAA Men's Basketball champion.....
    You nailed it.

We're all very different people; we're not Duke, we're not Spartans. We're Muskies, with a capital M huh? You know what that means? Do ya? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every out every decent bar in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're underdogs, we're mutts! Here's proof: his nose is cold. But there's no animal that's more faithful, that's more loyal, more loveable than the mutt. Who saw "Old Yeller?" Who cried when Old Yeller got shot at the end? Nobody cried when Old Yeller got shot? I cried my eyes out. So we're all dog faces, we're all very, very different, but there is one thing that we all have in common: we were all stupid enough to eat at Dana's (sorry 94). We're mutants, there's something wrong with us, there's something very, very wrong with us. Something seriously wrong with us. We're fanatics, Xavier fanatics! We've been kicking ass for 40 years, we're above .500 in The Show. Now we don't have to worry about whether or not we practiced. We don't have to worry about whether Captain Graham wants to have us hung. All we have to do-oo is to be the great Muskie fighting fan that is inside each one of us. Now do what I do, and say what I say. And make me proud.
    Last edited by Strange Brew; 03-25-2017 at 03:35 PM.

I'm down with anything that involves Brooke Burke. Just sayin'
    We've been working hard the whole year...we're staying focused and keeping it one game at a time. --Justin Cage

Brooke Burke is and remains the celebrity Xavier fan.

But we also have Bill Murray going for us, which is nice.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Only one thing pissed me off about the coverage last night was they never showed David West, but showed freaking Stockton, who's been out of the league for a decade, about 5 times. Arrrrrrrrrgh
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Only one thing pissed me off about the coverage last night was they never showed David West, but showed freaking Stockton, who's been out of the league for a decade, about 5 times. Arrrrrrrrrgh
    Stockton is an NBA legend. Hard to complain about them showing him. By the time they showed him in the arena, the game had been decided in Gonzaga's favor. Perhaps if things had gone the other way, they'd have shown West and not Stockton.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Stockton is an NBA legend. Hard to complain about them showing him. By the time they showed him in the arena, the game had been decided in Gonzaga's favor. Perhaps if things had gone the other way, they'd have shown West and not Stockton.
    Nope. Showed Stockton early in the first half, then later too. #CheckTheTape
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

My suggestion is to play them again in the Elite 8 next year, have our revenge and see how the coverage goes. Does that work for everyone?