Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I don't know what thread this fits on, but SI's Luke Winn is a great writer....and this is a great article recapping the Arizona game. The coaching job that Chris Mack did in that game in all respects put Sean Miller to shame. I believe the word Schooled comes to mind.

http://www.si.com/college-basketball...low_twitter_si
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 03-25-2017 at 10:08 AM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

In mack i trust !!!!!!

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Damn straight we do.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    Well done, coach! Very well done. No apologies, just be right and take control of the story. Shut that little gnome down!

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Well done, coach! Very well done. No apologies, just be right and take control of the story. Shut that little gnome down!
    Freaking loved it! Mick is such a winey loser. I don’t get how the media falls for it so often. Nice to see many in the media call him on this one.

Also, with Mack being a local he "gets" the Shootout more than any previous coach. He also saw the ridiculousness that occurred with the 2011 narrative and wasn’t going to have any of it this time.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    What Donny Marshall said on FS1 about what his coaches would have done as opposed to what Cronin did was great.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Mack the Knife cut up the little whiner again, on and off the court.

He be da man, fo sho!
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Paul Douchebaggerty once again showed us what a biased hack he is as a sports writer. He not only equated JP and the little YTG in the post-game dustup (Question: who tried to get physical? and who has the greater responsibility to be the adult and role model between the two of them?), but he also blamed Mack for not letting JP be available in the post-game press session. Mack is absolutely right on this. The conversation in the post-game press conference should be about the game rather than allowing that little ass-clown of a coach deflect the conversation towards a confrontation for which he was largely the instigator. PD would like this to not be about the game apparently and so, as he always does, shows that he is still a tHuggs jock-sniffer.
    Last edited by X-man; 12-04-2017 at 05:05 AM.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Letting JP speak to the press would have been as stupid as sending Tu out there after the fight.