Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Supporting Member
    [QUOTE=xavierj;607032]If I am a coach no way do I want the Louisville job for at least 5 years. Once the FBI is finished and the NCAA can get in there, they are going to get crushed. You can’t just pay guys hundreds of thousands of dollars and get away with it when it’s public knowledge. You can do it and get away with it when average Joe spills the beans but when the FBI comes with proof, and they will, it will be very hard to win for a while. You don’t want to be the first coach in forever at Louisville not to win.

I doubt they get crushed. Even with it being the FBI, they probably lose one postseason and some scholarships. It's sad to say, but cheating works out really well. You win some championships, and get a little bit more than a slap on the wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Is this the 'we got the best coach' or the 'fire Mack 2018' thread?
    Tradition would indicate that it is both.

[QUOTE=Xville;607114]
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    If I am a coach no way do I want the Louisville job for at least 5 years. Once the FBI is finished and the NCAA can get in there, they are going to get crushed. You can’t just pay guys hundreds of thousands of dollars and get away with it when it’s public knowledge. You can do it and get away with it when average Joe spills the beans but when the FBI comes with proof, and they will, it will be very hard to win for a while. You don’t want to be the first coach in forever at Louisville not to win.

I doubt they get crushed. Even with it being the FBI, they probably lose one postseason and some scholarships. It's sad to say, but cheating works out really well. You win some championships, and get a little bit more than a slap on the wrist.
    The real question is...does Mack really want to be associated with a program that has had so many moral and ethical issues the last 5-10 years? Paying players, prostitutes for hire, coaches being extorted for sexual encounters/adultery? He of course could be the white knight coming to rescue.........but UL is a institution that only cares about winning........add to all of this, they rehired Bobby Petrino after his scandal at Arkansas including paying an associate 20,000 dollars and having an affair with a woman half his age. Way to go Louisville........an institution for higher learning? Yeah ok.

Supporting Member
    [QUOTE=bleedXblue;607184]
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post

The real question is...does Mack really want to be associated with a program that has had so many moral and ethical issues the last 5-10 years? Paying players, prostitutes for hire, coaches being extorted for sexual encounters/adultery? He of course could be the white knight coming to rescue.........but UL is a institution that only cares about winning........add to all of this, they rehired Bobby Petrino after his scandal at Arkansas including paying an associate 20,000 dollars and having an affair with a woman half his age. Way to go Louisville........an institution for higher learning? Yeah ok.
    The ad and the president who accepted this " win at all costs" nature, are both gone. And by the way the "institution the only cares about winning" comment. You just described most big time college programs...louisville was just stupid and got caught. You think duke, unc, Kentucky, kansas etc are clean?

I don't know mack personally but I really doubt Mack cares about the moral or ethical nature of what has occurred before him at a school as long as he would have the chance to win there and get a brinks truck load of money to do so.
    Last edited by Xville; 01-14-2018 at 10:09 AM.

Don't necessarily know for sure if Mack is best in nation, but after his next win he will certainly wear the crown of best at Xavier. At least winningest.
    Pray the Rosary daily

I was calling for his head the last two games because of the lack of passion his players possessed. Then they come out and destroy Doug’s dad and I am like well maybe the guy can coach. I do know he has done a great job when it counted. He is def not the best coach that goes to izzo imho. But he is prob the best for Xavier and I really hope he doesn’t go to Louisville. If he does then it’s next man up and we just keep on trucking.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

How many of us posters still play team sports? I do and we are all human and have bad stretches. Now my guys aren’t coached but I can say that we don’t play our best week in week out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    How many of us posters still play team sports? I do and we are all human and have bad stretches. Now my guys aren’t coached but I can say that we don’t play our best week in week out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And the players are 18-22 years old

[QUOTE=Xville;607192]
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post

The ad and the president who accepted this " win at all costs" nature, are both gone. And by the way the "institution the only cares about winning" comment. You just described most big time college programs...louisville was just stupid and got caught. You think duke, unc, Kentucky, kansas etc are clean?

I don't know mack personally but I really doubt Mack cares about the moral or ethical nature of what has occurred before him at a school as long as he would have the chance to win there and get a brinks truck load of money to do so.
    I don't see UL paying him Pitino/Calapari type money. Miller and Izzo are around 4.0M

Holtman and Miller just got deals in the low 3M range.

No reason why X cant get in the 2.5M range with X and Sedler Foundation helping to get there.

:(