Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Freshman

I honestly believe that Xavier has the best Coach in the USA

I'm not talking about winningest or best recruiter -- I'm talking about getting his teams prepared and his in game coaching.
    We are fortunate to have Coach Mack. I have other very obvious things to say, just hit me up!

On another note, was reading an article yesterday about open coaching positions and the writer argued that the Georgetown gig is the best one available and better than Indiana. Access to DMV recruits, DC, their new arena, The Big East etc... an argument not many would have made as recently as a few years ago.

With respect to Gonzaga, man I hated that 06 game when we played them. They caught us in a down year and they had one helluva player in Morrison. We still damn near won that game -- as we led most of the game. Got beat by 4.

Bring on the dogs.

Man I love Xavier basketball.

I honestly believe that Xavier has the best Coach in the USA

There are a few great COACHES in college basketball. I don't know who's "the best" but I know he should be on the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was looking for somewhere to comment on Chris so I'll go with this thread.

I've gotta say, I think last night was absolutely the best in game coaching he's ever had in his career. Obviously this is just from a basketball fan so someone with more knowledge than me could probably confirm or not. But I thought his game plan from start to finish was as good as it could get. Even though Tyrique wasn't scoring to start, I loved that he went inside early and often. The curls for JP, which I know are reads for JP, are perfect just in the sense of getting your best players the ball in a position to make a play. And I know it somewhat sucks for Rashid that he's a senior and getting over-shadowed (he had a great left hook), but I love that Chris goes with what is working and isn't stubborn to change things up. The development of my man Big Sean has been a thing of beauty. Could not be more happy to see that guy get the winning bucket. And the fact that the best guy on the floor, was willing to make that pass instead of shoot really says a lot about their character. Also wanna mention that I made the comment that NO ONE on this team could make a post entry pass about 2 months ago. Haha, funny how things work out.

The padawan had truly became the master last night

Forgot to mention as well. But the balls to put Tre on the bench when they were down and he was short on about 3 straight shots is a helluva move. I don't know how many coaches do that in the Sweet 16 with 8 minutes to go. Gotta love the faith and confidence he displayed in the rest of the guys. And boy did it pay off in the last 4 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by xufan2434 View Post

X had the higher ground
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by xufan2434 View Post
    I was looking for somewhere to comment on Chris so I'll go with this thread.

I've gotta say, I think last night was absolutely the best in game coaching he's ever had in his career. Obviously this is just from a basketball fan so someone with more knowledge than me could probably confirm or not. But I thought his game plan from start to finish was as good as it could get. Even though Tyrique wasn't scoring to start, I loved that he went inside early and often. The curls for JP, which I know are reads for JP, are perfect just in the sense of getting your best players the ball in a position to make a play. And I know it somewhat sucks for Rashid that he's a senior and getting over-shadowed (he had a great left hook), but I love that Chris goes with what is working and isn't stubborn to change things up. The development of my man Big Sean has been a thing of beauty. Could not be more happy to see that guy get the winning bucket. And the fact that the best guy on the floor, was willing to make that pass instead of shoot really says a lot about their character. Also wanna mention that I made the comment that NO ONE on this team could make a post entry pass about 2 months ago. Haha, funny how things work out.

Agree with all this. One weird thing about last night was Miller's inability to get the big Finn and to a lesser extent the Serbian kid the ball in the second half. I know we were doubling him but he didn't shoot in the final 11 minutes.

When I hear Mack in post game or his radio show, he is so clearheaded about the game and his approach. For example he wanted the two for one at the end of the game so countermanded his original play call for a quick hitter. I loved it last night when he said he told the team that first shots weren't going to beat us but second shots would. I also agree that its a shame that platooning the bigs is costing Rashid minutes but it is about the team and Rashid knows that he contributed one hell of a lot this year and his two early fouls didn't help matters.

Great takes, KFX and XUFAN2434.

Just as our players have elevated their games this month, so has Coach Mack. The game planning, strategy, set plays, adjustments and Xs & Os have been brilliant.

Any Xavier fan with any lingering doubts about Coach Mack had them blown out of the water this month. Our coach is truly elite and will lead us to our ultimate destination.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Chris Mack inbound plays!

I know many people have brought this fact up on the board in the past, and this year, I've actually been seeing it on social media and heard it mentioned during games. It always amazes me when I watch other teams and they come out of timeouts and just seem completely stagnant. Since our plays are always so awesome, I think we have a tendency to become jaded on just how amazing Mack is at this small but important facet of the game.

We scored on 4 of 6 plays coming out of timeouts last night.

I would rather have Chris Mack than any other coach in America. Now if I was a coach, I would rather have Sean Miller's salary.

FEAR THE MACK!
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    We scored on 4 of 6 plays coming out of timeouts last night.

I would rather have Chris Mack than any other coach in America. Now if I was a coach, I would rather have Sean Miller's salary.

FEAR THE MACK!
    I would rather have your work schedule!