Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Number 1 I don’t know, but if you name 5 of the best coaches he has to be on that list.
    I would name Self, Wright, Few, K, Mack, crap Izzo also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I wanna focus on this year and this team....but please don't go to Louisville Coach. I love you.

Chris Mack can tie Pete Gillen today with 202 wins.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Supporting Member
    I’m a fan of Mack especially since he is an alum, and has rebuked some offer to go elsewhere. However, if Louisville becomes open, and he is offered the job, I think we need to prepare for him to take it.

Lastly, though I’m a fan of Mack, he is certainly not infallible, and I truly believe that Xavier will find someone just as good of a coach if it comes to that. Mack is a good coach, not a great one in my opinion and I’m actually a bit tired of the lack of defensive intensity that seems to come with Mack coached teams most years backed up by Kenton ratings.

If he WERE to leave, this year would be the year to do it since there's not a recruiting class we're worried about losing.

Is this the 'we got the best coach' or the 'fire Mack 2018' thread?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Is this the 'we got the best coach' or the 'fire Mack 2018' thread?
    Check back in 3 hours for the answer.

If I am a coach no way do I want the Louisville job for at least 5 years. Once the FBI is finished and the NCAA can get in there, they are going to get crushed. You can’t just pay guys hundreds of thousands of dollars and get away with it when it’s public knowledge. You can do it and get away with it when average Joe spills the beans but when the FBI comes with proof, and they will, it will be very hard to win for a while. You don’t want to be the first coach in forever at Louisville not to win.

Regardless of today’s result Coach Mack is one of the best. If Louisville sends a boatload of cash then good for him... I’d take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Regardless of today’s result Coach Mack is one of the best. If Louisville sends a boatload of cash then good for him... I’d take it.
    I'd be sad, but it's a job, he has to take care of himself and his family. I hope Mack loves X as much as we love him.