Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Where you guys said Amaker, you think they go after someone from a different coaching tree, like Duke? If so does anybody else get a look, such as Jeff Capel, Johnny Dawkins, or someone else as well?

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    What else would they spend it on? If they go local or in the family, I could see a former player or a guy like Amaker at Harvard. An up and comer, that gets a bit dicey since several of those have moved on. Underwood already signed at Illinois, Kelsey to UMass, but they could lure Miller from Dayton. That would be a no-brainer for east coast ties.
    That'd be a good hire. Amaker is a bit "meh".
    zip em up

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    All I know is they should really be able to nail this hire I would think. Georgetown is a historically good basketball program in a very good conference. I would think there would be a lot of interest from a lot of very qualified candidates.

I hope they dont F it up.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    I hope they dont F it up.
    Hiring Amaker or Dawkins would be fucking it up.

They're going to go for an east coast guy that can recruit in that area. I really don't think you need a big name.....GT kind of sells itself in a way. You just a really solid x's and o's coach.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    They're going to go for an east coast guy that can recruit in that area. I really don't think you need a big name.....GT kind of sells itself in a way. You just a really solid x's and o's coach.
    King Rice?

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Hiring Amaker or Dawkins would be fucking it up.
    Yeah I believe so.

Why go with a retread who has shown they fail in a big conference? I dont understand that. I mean when SLU did that with Travis Ford I was mad but I get it SLU doesnt get to pick the best of the best but Georgetown should either be able to find a really promising up and comer or a guy who is at a big school or conference who has been successful.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Yeah they dont need a big name they need someone who has been successful as a head coach already. Amaker and Dawkins dont fit the bill.

I would go hard after Archie if I were them. They need someone young to bring some energy back into that program. I do think Crean would honestly do well there, I just feel like he brings baggage. They might have enough history to lure Archie. The DC area is loaded with talent, they're getting brand new facilities, and you're in the Big East.

Quote Originally Posted by xufan2434 View Post
    I would go hard after Archie if I were them. They need someone young to bring some energy back into that program. I do think Crean would honestly do well there, I just feel like he brings baggage. They might have enough history to lure Archie. The DC area is loaded with talent, they're getting brand new facilities, and you're in the Big East.
    thinking Archie too