Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Heads would explode in Dayton as he supposedly would only leave for Duke, UNC, OSU or IU.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

I would say the leading candidate is Dan Huerly from Rhode Island. Up and comer with recent success and lots of east coast recruiting ties. This makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    King Rice?
    Maybe.

Georgetown is hard to predict. Well, at least for me. A few things that I've noticed that may or may not matter....

-They didn't do it right away.

-The President tweeted something out expressing her disappointment (I guess you would call it) in the move, and praising the job he had done. Not normal.

-Reed (their AD) is an ambitious fundraiser. This makes me wonder if the big donors had someone in mind.

I also don't know if they intend to use a search firm. Generally speaking, that's who gages the interest. It's almost like speed dating. They survey AD's, schools, and coaches and then come up with a list of candidates via the mutual interest, and things tend to happen incredibly quickly. It also makes it easy to guess, or at least very much narrow it down, who the likely candidates would be a lot of the times. I don't know if Georgetown uses one, though. They may take their time with it.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Mark few

ESPN is pushing Patrick Ewing. Take it for what it's worth considering the source.

Sophomore
    I would think Jeff Capel. Coached at VCU and has recruiting ties to the area. Unless Duke is going to give him the keys soon this could be a good fit for him.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by xufan02 View Post
    I would think Jeff Capel. Coached at VCU and has recruiting ties to the area. Unless Duke is going to give him the keys soon this could be a good fit for him.
    Didn't he already try the HC thing and wasn't all that successful?

I don't see it.....

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Heads would explode in Dayton as he supposedly would only leave for Duke, UNC, OSU or IU.
    Give me a break.......there are 20 other jobs much better than UD he could and should take. GT being one of them for sure. Plus he's an east coast guy being from PA.
    Last edited by bleedXblue; 03-23-2017 at 06:21 PM.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Didn't he already try the HC thing and wasn't all that successful?

I don't see it.....
    He was pretty successful. Worked his way up to coaching at IU. Then got into trouble for calling recruits at no-no times. That's how X got Holloway and Crawford
    zip em up

John Thompson III

Quote Originally Posted by BandAid View Post
    He was pretty successful. Worked his way up to coaching at IU. Then got into trouble for calling recruits at no-no times. That's how X got Holloway and Crawford
    You have Jeff Capel and Kelvin Sampson confused. They are nowhere near the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook