Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Sophomore
    I am a 61 yr old father of 2 X students, played and coached and my first memory was Dayton (Don May) v Lew Alcindor. Have watched every one since and I love Xavier (and the big East) philosophy. Have many Providence friends and we still talk/text it. I could not sleep after Wisconsin last year(kept waking up think it was a dream) and say the sense of hopelessness against Marquette. Bernard's interview(not aware of players meeting) was as close as I have seen to calling players out by a player who did not quit. I look forward to tonight and know they will leave it on the floor. Interesting on Wisconsin, after beating X they were up 3 with ball against ND and coughed it up and lost. Nobody is infallible. Great season by a great team.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    I've been criticized for years about what I won't allow to be posted about the players (private lives, grades, will they transfer). I know for a fact that players/coaches and admin read this Board.
    I didn't think they did. I don't know why in the hell I didn't. Lesson learned.

Chills... a lot of PTSD from the Wisconsin snippet, but absolute chills. Love the ashes, and the way the guys rallied together. Tre's right, everyone has started coming into their own and just looking like they are having fun out there, I'm hoping to continue this wild ride of a season, and I'm excited that this team has grinded their way to where they are. Nothing but love for team 95.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    I've been criticized for years about what I won't allow to be posted about the players (private lives, grades, will they transfer). I know for a fact that players/coaches and admin read this Board.
    You do a great job!
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

double sword raised!!

Quote Originally Posted by zanesxu View Post
    I found myself re-looking multiple times on who wrote this article
    Trevor Bullet.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    Trevor Bullet.
    Trevon "Trevor "Bullet" Blueitt" Bluiett.

Sophomore
    Great piece. This was another good one there.
    https://www.theplayerstribune.com/un...teve-mcelvene/

This may be the rekindling of the Xavier spirit that was lost with the disastrous Jordan Latham class. Before that class it was guys like Lionel Chalmers, Stanley Burrell, David West, Justin Cage and so on that gave us the back alley brawlers, never say die attitude. That was always a trait passed down from senior classes to freshman classes and was the true definition of Xavier basketball. That disastrous class broke that cycle and the message was lost. While Xavier since then has had good teams with tons of talent, none of those early Chris Mack teams really felt the same as those historic teams from Matta and Miller. This may be it... the rekindling of that warrior spirit. The resurgence of what the " Program" is meant to be. If that is true then Malcolm Bernard may be one of my new favorite Muskies of all time.

With how we are playing this team feels like those earlier teams. Let's do this tonight and this weekend and break down that door once and for all!!

What Dash said.

(Except I'm even older.)
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.