Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    Do you think the AAC! would take DePaul too? We can take UCONN and they can have the Blue Demons.
    Hell, they don't even have to give us UConn! If they just take DePaul and I'd be happy!!
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

There is truth in that Brew.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Looks like this is happening for the 2017-18 season. That's going to be good news for everyone. WSU is going to be loaded next year.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/s...tic-conference

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Looks like this is happening for the 2017-18 season. That's going to be good news for everyone. WSU is going to be loaded next year.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/s...tic-conference
    Wichita State is possibly a top ten team next year. I hope they're able to put together an OOC schedule that enables them to prove that.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Wichita State is possibly a top ten team next year. I hope they're able to put together an OOC schedule that enables them to prove that.
    If they're in the AAC, they won't need too difficult an OOC schedule. They ARE playing in Mau (Michigan, ND, VCU, Marquette)i. And go to Oklahoma State. And Oklahoma is coming to Wichita. That's probably it for high profile non-conference games.
    Last edited by GoMuskies; 03-31-2017 at 10:42 AM.

This could really help out the AAC. This could turn the league into a 4 or 5 bid league every year with SMU, UC, WSU, UCONN and then Memphis if Tubby can right the ship.

The middle of the league wouldn't be good but it also wouldn't be terrible: Temple, Tulsa UCF & Houston

But man those bottom 3 below in low major conferences; Tulane, ECU and USF all suck bad and will be RPI drags on any team that plays them

Sophomore
    I hope they stay in the MVC

Quote Originally Posted by XUMIOH12 View Post
    I hope they stay in the MVC
    Why?

I'd rather see them play against teams like SMU, Houston (who should be better), Cincinnati, Memphis (who should also be better), etc than play against Drake, Indiana State, and the like. There are five or six teams in the AAC that it would be fun to watch Wichita play against. There's virtually zero in the Missouri Valley.

SMU seems destined to take a dive. I liken them to Saint Louis when Rick Majerus passed away and Tim Crews took over. 0% chance Tim Jankovich continues the type of recruiting that Larry Brown did.

Unless the AAC changes their collective minds, they're not staying in the Valley, so it's a moot point.